Opera Mini for Windows Phone gets updated again to fix instability issues
Opera Mini for Windows Phone has been updated once again, just days after its release. This marks quite the start for the company's beta, which has received a steady supply of feedback from the community trying out the new web browser. What's new in this latest release? Well, you'll be pleased to learn the app is slightly more stable – in other words, Opera Mini no longer crashes when loading a website.
Aside from the dire instability issue being addressed, we're not sure what else is contained in version 0.9.0.2, nor do we know what fixes have been implemented by the developer team. That said, we're sure they're hard at work on squashing as many bugs as possible and noting down all suggested improvements. As we noted in our most recent article about an update pushed through for the app, the team are urging everyone to leave feedback.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
Update 1 - Going to a website crashed Opera
Update 2 - Opera crashes after boot If they are trying to make it even more unusable they're doing a great job.
Update 3 - Forces phone to reboot OS (soft reset)
Update 4 - auto bricks your phone
Update 5 - Makes it explode in your hands
(My guess on the next three updates)
This place has become nothing more than a complaints department of late. So I wouldn't take it too seriously what people are moaning about.
Lumia 720 windows phone 8.1 update 1 without cyan
I can browse wpcentral.com and successfully login. However, it does not show any news feed like it should. There is no news feed at all. White blank page for news feed. And some words are not showing properly (only show a blank square icons).
But it is improving compare to yesterday which I cannot open Opera Mini at all.
When I click' News' menu on wpcentral.com it takes me to 'Manage Your Account' page. So something is still not right.
Lumia 521 PfD 8.1.1~
(1) CRASHING/EXITS atomatically but crashing problem has been minimized in comparison to 10 sep update.
(2) Connection problem is still there i.e. Always says " oops Failed to parse client request. Transcoder: a20-10-06 Client: Opera Mini/7.6.8/hifi/elm".
(3) While SCROLLING the PAGE UP/DOWN IT LAGS OR HITCH IN EVERY 1-2 SEC Interval.
(4) The top search & url and bottom navigation bars r more then enough THICK and the BUTTONS r more then enough BIG.Making screen size small in lumia 630 WP 8.1 where we cant hide our phone navigation bar. OPERA IS THE BEST BROWSER IN MY VIEW FOR MOBILE DEVICES.EVEN I M SO CRAZY ABOUT OPERA THAT I WAS SEARCHING FOR IT DAILY ONTO THE STORE EVEN I M THE FIRST ONE TO DOWNLOAD THIS BETA VERSION.
BUT PLEASE CONSIDER THESE POINTS AND THE REST IS AWESOME SPECIALLY THE SMOOTH LAYOUT.
opera mini i love U.
Simply WOW,Thanks To Opera software And Microsoft.
The app not at all opening
Coz the app is installed but not opened, can a anybody suggest plz ...
And please rate it onto the store atleast 3 stars and feedback to fixed issue and fixing the next prblm such as download,exit button,various language fonts nt supported,top/bottom thick bar taking more space of the display.THANKS.
The Best and Important Features are...
(1) The loading time of any page whether it is a heavy site or light.
(2) The back and forward pages not load upto 6-7 times approx THIS IS THE BEST FEATURE WHICH I LIKED THE MOST.
(3) The TABED browsing works awesome for me.
(4) Data consumption is very less due to well catched memory usage and ofcourse THE BACK/FORWARD PAGE WHICH DO NOT LOADS UPTO 6-7 TIMES APPROX consume data for the users. OPERA MAKE A BEST UPDATE FOR WINDOWS AS BECAUSE MANY OF YOUR FANS WAITED SO LONG THAT WE CANT WAIT ANYMORE.
AND PLEASE DONT CHANGE THE BASIC FEATURE FOR WHICH OPERA MINI IS KNOWN.
WE ARE WITH YOU.
comments for crashing issue and given
1/2 star ratings (Both in windows store
and opera website) PLEASE RE COMMENT
IN STORE AND OPERA FORUM about
TODAY'S FIX UPDATE and kindly PROVIDE FEEDBACKS RELATING : DOWNLOAD
ISSUE SMOOTH SCROLLING LAG ISSUE
EXIT BUTTON ISSUE TOP/BOTTOM THICK
BAR TAKING MUCH MORE SPACE ISSUE
HINDI UNREADABLE ISSUE. THANKS TO ALL USERS PLEASE RATE
ATLEAST 3 STARS IN STORE AND WRITE
FEEDBACK TO FIX THESE ABOVE ISSUE IN