A while ago we reported that indie puzzle game Pirate’s Mind would be free for a limited time. Good news for gamers: developer M80 Games has decided to continue offering their game free definitely.
Pirates love free things, but that doesn’t mean they don’t like updates too. M80 has updated Pirate’s Mind a whopping three times in the month of June. Let’s look at what's changed.
Pirate’s Mind version 1.4 changelog:
- Repositioned the Multiplier starburst to be more visible during play.
- Adjusted particle effects for better presentation
- Optimized graphics to consume less memory and increase performance.
- Fixed bug where if all coins on the playfield were the same, the game couldn't continue.
Pirate’s Mind version 1.3 changelog:
- Game now saves audio settings between play sessions
- Fixed high score name entry to remember last used name
- More bugfixes.
- LG Phone users, we are still working on the issues some of you are experiencing. Please email us if you would like to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pirate’s Mind version 1.2 changelog:
- New game mode "Dash"
- Adjusted the difficulty progression to be more challenging
- Added a "Rate This Game" button. PLEASE EVERYONE...USE THIS :)
- Many bug-fixes and optimizations
- HTC crash issues hopefully resolved
As you can see, the move to a completely free model (with no ads!) hasn’t diminished the developer’s desire to sharpen the game. In our review, I mentioned that games were too easy and went on a bit too long. The new 3-minute Dash mode and difficulty changes to the standard mode really make Pirate’s Mind work better as a mobile game.
You’ll find Pirate’s Mind here (opens in new tab) (Zune link) on the Marketplace. Get it now before scurvy gets you!
We’ve also learned that M80 is working on a new puzzle game, tentatively titled Buzzwords. WPCentral will bring you an exclusive first look soon.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Seriously, this is one of the best games on the marketplace. I've played it a ton since I first saw it advertised on this site.
Thanks for highlighting this guys, haven't found that one before. Downloading it now :-)
Does anyone else play in normal mode? I seem to have the highest score in this game at 100583. The next score is 6893?!?EDIT: I think these are local scores. Would be cool if global scores were available
Online leaderboards are coming in a future update.
Looks awesome..! I'm gonna try this one out!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.