A while ago we reported that indie puzzle game Pirate’s Mind would be free for a limited time. Good news for gamers: developer M80 Games has decided to continue offering their game free definitely.
Pirates love free things, but that doesn’t mean they don’t like updates too. M80 has updated Pirate’s Mind a whopping three times in the month of June. Let’s look at what's changed.
Pirate’s Mind version 1.4 changelog:
- Repositioned the Multiplier starburst to be more visible during play.
- Adjusted particle effects for better presentation
- Optimized graphics to consume less memory and increase performance.
- Fixed bug where if all coins on the playfield were the same, the game couldn't continue.
Pirate’s Mind version 1.3 changelog:
- Game now saves audio settings between play sessions
- Fixed high score name entry to remember last used name
- More bugfixes.
- LG Phone users, we are still working on the issues some of you are experiencing. Please email us if you would like to help: email@example.com
Pirate’s Mind version 1.2 changelog:
- New game mode "Dash"
- Adjusted the difficulty progression to be more challenging
- Added a "Rate This Game" button. PLEASE EVERYONE...USE THIS :)
- Many bug-fixes and optimizations
- HTC crash issues hopefully resolved
As you can see, the move to a completely free model (with no ads!) hasn’t diminished the developer’s desire to sharpen the game. In our review, I mentioned that games were too easy and went on a bit too long. The new 3-minute Dash mode and difficulty changes to the standard mode really make Pirate’s Mind work better as a mobile game.
You’ll find Pirate’s Mind here (Zune link) on the Marketplace. Get it now before scurvy gets you!
We’ve also learned that M80 is working on a new puzzle game, tentatively titled Buzzwords. WPCentral will bring you an exclusive first look soon.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.