Developer Survios is working on a new game for the HTC Vive virtual reality headset called Raw Data. It's a cyberpunk-themed first-person shooter that will be released as a Steam Early Access title on July 14.
The game takes place in the year 2271, where the player takes on the role of a hacker hero who has to go into the evil Eden Corporation to steal data and take out the robots that want to prevent that from happening. Here's a list of Raw Data's features:
- Active VR Gameplay: Utilize your body to pump shotguns, draw and fire explosive arrows, dual wield pistols, hurl grenades, slash and slice katanas, deflect projectiles, do gun tricks, or even use your fists in close-quarters combat.
- Choose Your Hero: Play as one of two starting heroes--Gun Cleric or Cyber Ninja--each with their own unique weapons and nanotech powers, including bullettime, telekinesis, sword throwing, rapid fire, levitation, charged shots, and more.
- Deadly Defenses: Hack into Eden's munitions database to access weapon upgrades and deadly defense systems to amplify your shootout strategy. Transform your environment with turrets, barricades, dynamic cover, and traps.
- Unlock System: Challenge yourself with numerous missions, unlocks, trials, leaderboards, and achievements. As you progress, liberate more SyndiK8 heroes and unlock advanced capabilities from Eden Corp's data vaults.
- Adaptable Enemies: Battle against swaths of killer robots, including ninja stealthers, laser gunners, heavy rocket mechs, jumping crawlers, flying drones, and more.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Team up in a shared co-op VR space that encourages social communication via body language, facial expression, blended animation, and simulated eye contact.
The final version of Raw Data is expected to be released in late 2016.
Two free apps make Surface Duo easier to share screenshots, browse the web
Surface Duo owners will want to check out these two new (and free) helper apps that help make life easier. One lets you pick which display to share in a screenshot, while the other always forces the web browser to open on the second display. Need more info? Here is what you need to know and where to get these apps.
Windows 10 build 20246 here for Insiders, signals end of Calendar preview
Microsoft shipped a new Insider build out to those enrolled in the Dev channel today, build 20246. This release also marks the first build from the FE_RELEASE branch, otherwise known as "Iron."
Want the latest GPUs from NVIDIA? Here's where to find them.
NVIDIA new Ampere-powered GeForce RTX 30-series GPUs are here, and as expected they're selling fast. Here's where you can find the new hardware.
Want to enjoy ray tracing? You'll need one of these graphics cards
Ray tracing represents the future of lighting techniques in media, but you're going to need a special GPU that can support it in order to actually use it. Here's a list of our favorites.