Recently, Sea of Thieves launched a "Skeleton Thrones" event which promised time-limited cosmetic items and other perks. However, many users have been confused about some of the aspects of the update like the "dubloons" currency. Luckily, Rare posted another developer diary in which Senior Producer Drew Stevens clarified a number of topics.
The highlights from the video are listed below.
- Future adventures will include social elements which require you to work together with other crews.
- Adventures will now last two weeks so that everyone can easily access the time-limited cosmetic items.
- Dubloons will never be a premium currency which you can purchase through microtransactions.
- Dubloons will carry over to the next adventure so you don't have to worry about spending them all.
- Reputation bundles aren't hitting the mark and in a future update you'll be able to buy a full level instead.
- This week's update brings various different "Megalodons" with a range of different personalities. Some might be quite aggressive while others shy.
- Gunpowder skeletons will be coming next week in a new adventure.
Sea of Thieves is an exploration-based pirate game which launched on March 20, 2018. Rare is known for many famous franchises including Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, and GoldenEye. However, in recent years, the team focused on developing Kinect games for Xbox One and Xbox 360. This was a curious decision, so when Phil Spencer became Head of Xbox in 2014, he assigned Rare a new project. Sea of Thieves is a shift for the developer and a concept the team hasn't tackled before.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Best Microsoft Surface Cyber Monday Deals: Surface Pro 7 down to $600
Microsoft's Surface lineup has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. Whether you're looking for the newest Surface Pro X or Pro 7 or are willing to settle for a previous generation at an even more discounted price, we've got all the best deals you're going to find around the 'net right here.
These are the best deals on Xbox consoles you'll find this month
If you're in the market for a new Xbox One console, you'll want to check these deals out first.
Need a new laptop to run VR? Here are the best devices out there now.
Using a laptop to power your VR system makes it easy to take it with you wherever you go. Not just any laptop is going to work for VR, though, so we rounded up your best options right here.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.