The desktop version of Slack's collaborative work chat app of the same name is now available to download from the Windows Store (via MSPU). If you prefer using the Windows Store to manage your apps, this is sure to be good news as you can grab the app without hitting up Slack's website and rely on the Windows Store for updates from here on out.
The app looks to be a straight conversion of the desktop app that's already available, and thus shouldn't hold any surprises from a feature standpoint. The only major difference is you can manage the app through the Windows Store. Here's a recap of what to expect from Slack:
- Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
- Message or call any person or group within your team
- Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
- Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
- Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team's past conversations and files
- Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
If you already use Slack's desktop app and want to switch to the Windows Store version, you can grab it now. Keep in mind that this is a completely separate listing from the Mobile Slack app, which is currently on the Windows Store in beta.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.