Microsoft's Smoked by Windows Phone began way back in January at the 2012 CES conference. Since, it's grown by leaps and bounds traveling to various Microsoft Stores across the nation and world wide. We've even seen the Smoke by Windows Phone challenges held by former Miss World, Priyanka Chopra.
Ben Rudolph, who started all this, has released some numbers associated with the Smoked by Windows Phone.
- 95%: Windows Phone's global winning percentage
- 36: The number of countries running Smoked by Windows Phone promotions
- 50,000+: The number of phones that have been smoked by a Windows Phone
- 8,000,000+: The total number of views the Smoked by Windows Phone has generated since it launched in January.
- 100,000,000+: The estimated number of people who have seen, participated in or read about Smoked by Windows Phone.
The Smoked by Windows Phone campaign will continue with a new set of internet ads hitting the web today. The ads are also available over at the Windows Phone YouTube Channel. While the Smoked by Windows Phone has had its moments of controversy, the campaign has brought a lot of attention to how well our Windows Phones measures up against the competition.
Source: Windows Team Blog
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
George is the Reviews Editor at Windows Central, concentrating on Windows 10 PC and Mobile apps. He's been a supporter of the platform since the days of Windows CE and uses his current Windows 10 Mobile phone daily to keep up with life and enjoy a game during down time.