What you need to know
- A new Steam Library is coming on September 17.
- All Steam users can choose to test it out then.
- The update adds a new look which highlights artwork.
- It'll also be easier to see what friends are doing and much more.
A few months ago, Valve announced that it was changing the look of Steam. In an era where every program has more flair, Steam seems like it's been left behind. The redesigned library allows you to customize the look to a greater degree and show a lot more artwork.
You can read about some of the main features below.
- The first thing you'll probably notice is that Steam is launching a gorgeous new landing page for your library. The new library home gives you quick access to game updates, recently played games, friends activity, and your collections.
- Steam is making it easier for you to stay on top of the changes happening to your games and who is playing what.
- Steam is also making it easy to see what your friends have been up to and which games they are currently playing.
- Steam will notify you about major updates and time-limited events in games.
You can read more about the changes here. More information will also be revealed later this month.
The new Steam Library open beta starts on Tuesday, September 17. Thankfully, all players will be able to opt-in and try out the new features.
Cheap PC accessories we love
Take a gander at these awesome PC accessories, all of which will enhance your Windows experience.
Anker 4 port USB 3.0 hub ($10 at Amazon)
Whether on a desktop or laptop PC, you always need more ports to connect things to. This hub gives you an additional four USB 3.0 Type A ports.
Ikea Fixa Cable Management System ($11 at Amazon)
This IKEA cable management kit is your ticket to a clean setup. It's simple and functional.
NZXT Puck ($20 at Amazon)
This clever little accessory has powerful magnets on the rear to make it stick to any of the metal panels on your PC case or anything else. It's great for hanging accessories like headsets.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.