Saturday Game School is our weekly Windows Central livestream in which we play an Xbox One game and give out free games and prizes to our live viewers. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers!
Tonight on Mixer, we playedg Trove, the free Minecraft-style MMO, and gave out lots of premium currency codes. Read on for quick impressions and contest winners.
What happens when you mix Minecraft with an MMORPG? You get Trove from Trion Worlds, a free to play for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Exploring and building together with large groups adds a whole new dimension to the familiar block-based gameplay that Minecraft fans love.
The recently released Trove Adventures expansion adds some cool new features to the game:
- A fully revamped Club system where they can customize their own player-created club worlds. Clubs connect Trovians with each other, allowing them to play together to go on adventures, level up their clubs, and power up their characters!
- The all-new Forbidden Spires Biome. Inspired by Asian architecture and design, this Biome offers all new NPCs, Dungeons (including an awesome dungeon that takes place inside an enormous flying dragon!), and Lairs for Trovians to explore and conquer!
- Mastery, earned by collecting items & increasing character level, is now uncapped.
- Updated leaderboards that reward top players for their efforts with rare cosmetic rewards and a new window for tracking, granting, and guiding you and your club on your adventures.
- New recipes known as Frameworks offer players pre-built designs for unique items like statues and buildings fashioned out of blocks to decorate their club worlds or cornerstones.
These additions make Trove, a fun massively multiplayer spin on traditional Minecraft gameplay, even better. Check out our full review for more details on the original game!
- See Trove on the Microsoft Store
- See 750 Trove Credits on the Microsoft Store
- See Trove Infinium Chef Pack on the Microsoft Store
We streamed Trove for ~90 minutes. During that time, we gave out the following prize codes:
- 15 Trove $50 premium currency codes for Xbox One
- Five Trove $99 premium currency codes for PlayStation 4 (North American accounts only)
These viewers are ready to build and explore!
Trove premium currency for Xbox One
Trove premium currency for PlayStation 4
Tonight's prizes provided by Trion Worlds. Thanks also to our stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
Saturday Game School always starts at the same time: 9pm ET (8pm CT, 6pm PT, 2am GMT). Here is our tentative schedule of upcoming streams:
- Saturday, November 25: Mantis Burn Racing, the exciting arcade-style racing game that recently received major Xbox One X enhancements. See how well it runs on the X and maybe win a copy of your own!
- Saturday, December 2: Ruiner, the amazingly stylish cyberpunk shooter from Devolver Digital.
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.