Tweet It! gets massive new update, making it a solid choice for Twitter on Windows Phone 8
When it comes to Twitter clients on Windows Phone, we’ve noticed everyone has their favorite and its usually for specific reasons. Tweet It! by developer Timur Khamidov has always impressed us for standing out from the pack. The app comes with numerous unique options like a using the camera for a background, so you can see where you walking when typing, orientation lock, tweet your currently playing music and more.
Version 6.2 just went live in the Store and it’s quite a colossal update. The update and changes are so big, we would have thought it was a worthy of a 7.0 designation. Let’s see what’s new.
Tweet It! version 6.2 changes
- Main page was redesigned – No longer tiles the Main page features a graph like layout with your stats for easy reading
- Little circle with number in the top right corner is showing you your new notifications. Tapping it opens the app’s notification center
- On start-up application will track who has followed/un-followed you while it was closed
- Profile page was redesigned to show favorites
- Pin individuals to your Start screen with a gorgeous Live Tile
- Now when you are on detailed tweet page dialog and answers loads automatically on the same page. Counts of retweets (with ability to see who’s exactly retweeted it) and favorites will be right under the tweet
- New Pocket API for improved read it later functionality
- More powerful compose page and drafts. Now there’s visual map instead just button if you want to add location to your tweet. Autocomplete username feature on the same page. #Nowplaying feature is on the same page too. And drafts will let you save photo with tweet if it was attached.
- Tweets filter is back! And it’s really cool this time! It is features filtering by apps and “Sets”.
- More powerful search feature with pinnable tiles for quotes. Local trends.
- For those who post photos a lot there is Lens feature. And photo filter creator. And powerful photo editor.
Those are some substantive changes to what was already a powerful and fun Twitter client. Version 6.2 from our usage has certainly stepped up to the plate to make it one of the best Twitter clients around, should you desire more power than the built in functionality of Windows Phone.
Make sure you watch our video tour above of the new features in Tweet It!.
Tweet It! runs for $0.99 with a free trial and can be found here in the Store. Windows Phone 8 only. Highly recommended.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.