United Airlines has released it's Windows Phone 8 app, United, today. The app is a feature rich connection to the airlines to help you make it through your travels.
The United app's main pages cover your basic menu options (book a flight, check on flight status, check in, etc.), a log in page for your United Airline's account, a travel tools page (flight reminders, games, currency converter, baggage charges and more) and an Airport Maps page.
Key features of the United app include:
- “My Travel” section – easy storage of reservations, boarding passes, flight status alerts and United Club one-time passes
- Check-in and mobile boarding pass storage – quick access so you’re ready on the go
- Flight booking – book your flights, including award travel, from your Windows Phone
- Review your reservations – once travel is booked, you can access your reservations, change seats, add to your device calendar or send your itinerary via email
- Flight Status – view the upgrade list, seat map, in-flight amenities and departure gate for your flights
- Flight status notification and live tiles – monitor a selected flight
- Account access – enroll in MileagePlus® or view your current account activity
- United Club locations – find a location or purchase a one-time pass
- FlightView – view flight maps showing current flight status and weather
United comes across as a very well laid out, feature rich app and if you fly United Airlines this may very well be a must have app for your Windows Phone 8 device.
United is a free app that you can find here in the Windows Phone Store.
Thanks, Travis, for the tip!
Overwatch vs. Overwatch 2: What are the differences?
Overwatch 2 is on the horizon, but something a lot of people don't know yet is what you get with it that you don't (or won't) get from the original Overwatch game. Here's our guide to the differences between what you get with Overwatch and Overwatch 2.
These great Thunderbolt 3 docks turn your laptop into a desktop
Looking to make the most of your super-fast Thunderbolt 3 connection? The CalDigit TS3 Plus is our top pick thanks to plenty of ports and solid construction, but there are a bunch of other options that might better suit your needs.
Windows 10 build 19569 hits Fast ring with new icons, more
Windows Insiders in the Fast ring have a new preview build to check out today. The latest release puts the build number at 19569, and it comes alongside new icons and general changes and improvements.
The Super Bowl is finally here. Check out these must-see Windows apps
After an excellent regular season and a thrilling first few rounds of the NFL Playoffs, the Super Bowl is finally here. Here are the best Windows 10 apps to help you enjoy the big game.