Microsoft has thrown the switch on build 10586.420 for the Release Preview ring users and Production. This update is a jump from the previous 10586.318 released a few weeks ago. The update is available to those on PC and Mobile, who are part of the Release Preview Ring as well as Production (non-Insiders).
Build 10586.420 is a cumulative update and as such does not bring new features, but instead focuses on stability, bug fixes and general improvements to the user experience.
10586.420 Fixes and Improvements
- Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Cortana, audio playback, audio playback in Groove Music app, Maps app, Miracast, and Windows Explorer.
- Fixed issue with balloon tip notifications always appearing in the upper left side of the screen.
- Fixed issue that caused VPN to not work properly when switching between different network interfaces (for example, switching between Wi-Fi and cellular).
- Improved Narrator's ability to read bulleted lists, hyperlinks, and image information.
- Fixed issue in location that caused navigation apps to lag behind user's actual location.
- Improved performance of loading webpages in Internet Explorer 11 when roaming user profiles are used.
- Fixed issue that caused phones to stop ringing from an incoming call, if interrupted by an SMS.
- Fixed issue that caused some phones to be unable to re-add a primary Microsoft account without resetting after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Fixed additional issues with Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Bluetooth, Cortana, Wi-Fi, Windows Camera app, revised daylight saving time, USB, TPM, Graphics, Group Policy, downloading music or movies purchased through the Windows Store, Network Diagnostics and Windows Explorer.
- Fixed security issues with Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Server Message Block (SMB) Server, Microsoft Graphics Component, Group Policy, DNS Server, Windows Diagnostic Hub, Kernel mode drivers, Microsoft Windows PDF, Windows Structured Query, Adobe Flash Player, JScript and VBScript, and Web Proxy Autodiscovery Protocol (WPAD).
You can grab the update by going to Settings > Update & security >Windows/Phone update > Check for updates.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
These external monitors go perfectly with the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is an excellent laptop, but what if you want to project the display onto a larger screen? You'll need an external monitor for that. Here are our favorite options.