It's finally here! If you don't mind erasing all your content, the Lumia Denim update is now available for the Lumia Icon on Verizon. The catch is that it's currently only available through the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. The update should also be available Over The Air (OTA) very soon if you don't want to erase all your content. We've just installed the update on our Lumia Icon and we're really happy that is has finally arrived.
The main reason we are excited about the Lumia Denim update is the new features included with Lumia Camera 5.0. Check out what's new:
- Fast camera startup and capture speeds. Take numerous photos with just milliseconds between shots.
- Moment Capture, a long press of the camera button within the app automatically starts 4K-quality video recording at 24 frames per second. Each frame is of high image quality at 8.3 megapixels, allowing every single video frame to be selected and saved as a still image.
- Rich Capture simplifies things with auto HDR and Dynamic Flash. Avoid the hassle of adjusting camera settings shooting first and edit and select the perfect shot later.
- Updated imaging algorithms for better low-light performance.
All you need to do is fire up the Software Recovery Tool, connect the Lumia Icon to your computer via a USB cable, and then follow the instructions onscreen.
- Download Lumia Software Recovery Tool
If you have the Lumia Icon, are you waiting for the OTA update or are you going ahead with the Software Recovery Tool? Let us know in the comments!
Thanks for the tip, AR2186!