The Xbox One Summer Update is finally here, and it's rolling out in waves.
This update will bring Cortana, a revamped Games & Apps section, background music playback, Universal Windows Platform applications to your console, and much more. If your Xbox One is in standby mode, it should update automatically over the next couple of days. However, you can force your console to download the Xbox One Summer Update after 10 AM PDT / 5 PM GMT by using the following method.
- Double tap the Xbox logo button on your controller. Or, if you're using a Kinect just say "Xbox, go to settings" and skip to step #3.
- Select Settings. It is the gear icon.
- Select All Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Console Info & Updates. Then it will inform you if there's an update available.
Note: If you are in the Xbox One Preview on build 14393.1018, you already have the latest update!
The Xbox One Summer Update is a major milestone for Microsoft, who have finally completed Windows 10's Universal app convergence. Expect tons of fresh apps, functionality and features for the Xbox One moving forward. For more information on what the Xbox One Summer Update contains, check out the links below.
Check out our other articles for more info on the Xbox One Summer Update.
- The Xbox One Summer Update is rolling out, here's the full changelog
- The next Xbox One Update: Xbox Clubs, Arena, and Looking For Group
- Xbox help, tips and tricks
- How to control background audio on Xbox One
- How to turn Cortana on the Xbox One off and on
- How to use the new Games & Apps section
- Xbox Discussion Forums