We have received reports that some Lumia 650 owners are now getting the "Double Tap to Wake" firmware update over the air, rather than using the Windows Device Recovery Tool, where the update became available earlier this month for the phone.
The tips have come via email from Windows Central readers along with posts in our forums. Keep in mind that the update may not be available for all Lumia 650 devices, and is likely dependent on your country's region code.
This update also comes with a fix for recurring Wi-Fi disconnections. among other fixes and improvements. Here is the full changelog posted by Microsoft:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
To see if your unlocked Lumia 650 is getting this update, go to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. If eligible you will see MICROSOFTMDG update.
Thanks to everyone for the tips!