Just as we’re wrapping up our Lumia 520 review, our Lumia 720 showed up today - in yellow no less. Huzzah! So instead of keeping it to ourselves we figured we’d unbox and give a brief tour of the newest mid-range Lumia with Windows Phone 8.
As you’ll be able to determine from the video, we’re really excited about this phone. Fetching for ~$350 off contract, the Lumia 720 has a lot going for it...
- It’s thin (9 mm) and light (128 g)
- 2000mAh battery (13-15 hours talk time)
- Expandable memory via microSD
- Unibody design
- Optional wireless rechargeable backplates
- ClearBlack 4.3” IPS display with Super Sensitive Touch
- 6.7MP rear camera with a super low f/1.9 lens for a larger aperture; front facing camera
In our short time with it, we love every aspect of the Lumia 720. The audio for phone calls was stellar (loud and crisp), screen responsiveness is better than the 520 and 620, the rear speaker cranks and the main camera ranks as high or higher than the Lumia 810/820. All tucked away in a thin, svelte and shockingly light body, what’s not to like?
Yeah, make no mistake even though this “only” has HSPA 3G here on AT&T, we’re making this our daily driver for awhile
Look for our review in the coming week.
Family shot (L to R): Lumia 520, 620, 720 and 920 (820 was out at a party)