It’s been awhile since Microsoft shared any official stats on how the Xbox One is faring. The last set of solid numbers we had was from mid-January when the Xbox One moved 908,000 units in December. We knew March was going to be a big month with the launch of Titanfall. We now have the latest numbers from the NPD and you’re probably wondering how the Xbox One is doing since launching last November. According to Microsoft, over 5 million Xbox One consoles have been sold to retailers since launch. For comparison, the PlayStation 4 has moved over 7 million units. More numbers after the break.
Here are the highlights for Microsoft from the March NPD numbers:
- 311,000 Xbox One consoles sold in the U.S.
- 110,000 Xbox 360 consoles sold in the U.S.
- 4.1 million games sold across the Xbox One and Xbox 360
- Xbox had a 49 percent share of the total game software market (vs. Nintendo, Sony, etc.)
- Titanfall was the number one selling game in the U.S.
How are you guys liking your Xbox One? We’re still in our honeymoon phase and haven’t regretted buying one yet. Games like Titanfall and Trials Fusion keep us hooked, while we continue to use it as the center of media entertainment center to watch Netflix, Hulu and cable.
Source: Xbox Wire