Seapilot, a well regarded marine navigation app that was first released for iOS, has recently been released in the Windows Phone Store, offering a ton of features for anyone who wants to sail the seven seas.
Here's a quick list of its main features:
- Professional navigation based on merchant shipping standards for ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display and Information System)
- S-57 chart data (In-App Purchase) and AIS data from National Maritime Administrations
- AIS (Automatic Identification System) for real-time tracking of vessels equipped with an AIS transponder.
- Weather in real time via AIS from national weather stations showing wind speed and direction, air pressure, temperature, etc. Automatically displays information for the nearest weather station. (At present only in Sweden. To be extended.)
- High quality 5-day Coastal Weather Forecasts (as purchase), directly in chart
- Developed by Stockholmradio and True Heading, leaders in marine navigation and communication at sea, with cutting-edge AIS and VHF know-how
While Seapilot is a free app to download and use, it does contain in-app purchases that unlock extra features such as the national S-57 chart data for the East coast, West coast, and Great Lakes regions of the US, along with five-day coastal weather forecasts and more.
Thanks to Erik B for the tip!