The Slack business messaging service has released a new update for Windows desktop users. Version 1.2.5, which has the sub-title "To The Teeth" includes a new installer, support for Chromium 45, as well as more additions and bug fixes:
Here's a look at what's new and improved in the updated version:
- Fixed: Reclaim seconds of your day by holding Shift to drop files immediately.
- A sparkling new MSI installer for your IT deployment needs. Visit https://slack.com/apps to learn more.
- Slack now supports Integrated (Windows) authentication for SSO in more scenarios, so for folks who saw authentication errors while trying to sign in, see them no more!
- We've upgraded to Chromium 45, which greatly improves scrolling speed and general snappiness. Snapocity. Something!
- Fixed: For the umpteenth time, we've made pinning more reliable. Folks: Pinning is hard.
- Fixed: It should now be impossible to have more than one Slack app open at a time, which will solve many odd issues that you may have been experiencing.
If you are already using the Windows desktop app just hit Help > Check for Updates…> Update Now to get version 1.2.5.