If you want to try your hand at predicting changes in the weather using nothing more than the air pressure around you, a free app simply called Weather Barometer may be worth a look. Compatible with Windows 10 Mobile phone sporting a barometric sensor — such as the Lumia 950, 950 XL and HP Elite x3 — Weather Barometer works by letting you keep track of current air pressure as well as trends.
Here's a quick look at the features of the app:
- Displays Barometric Pressure and Pressure Trend
- Suggested weather forecast based on pressure and pressure trend
- Displays Metric or Imperial units depending on your region settings
- Elevation correction for station pressure to mean sea level pressure
- Intuitive Interface
- Doesn't require an internet connection
- Works with Continuum
It's a rather simple app, but one that could definitely come in handy if you're looking for a near-term prediction of what the weather may do at any given moment.
If you'd like to try the app, be sure to grab it at the Windows Store and let us know what you think in the comments! As a reminder, the app does require your phone to be equipped with with a barometer to work, and specifically calls out compatibility with the Lumia 950 and 950 XL.