What you need to know
- 343 Industries revealed new details about Halo: The Master Chief Collection for PC today.
- The port features a field-of-view slider and other enhancements.
- The developer is targeting an uncapped frame rate.
- Unreal Engine 4 is being used to power the menus.
Halo developer 343 Industries has released a massive blog post that thoroughly details how development of Halo: Reach and the rest of Halo: The Master Chief Collection for PC has gone so far. The team also provided information about what players can expect in the future. This follows their earlier confirmation that the first private Halo Insider flights for the Halo: Reach beta on PC will begin in June.
You can take a look at some of the main points in the blog post below. The highlights of the post are the details surrounding a field-of-view slider (FOV), an uncapped frame rate target, and Unreal Engine 4 powering the new menus.
- Information about the matchmaking infrastructure for Halo: Reach on PC was revealed. They'll use the same setup as the "Title Update" for the game so that multiplayer is well-balanced.
- The blog post contained an interview with Ruffian Games, one of 343 Industries' development partners. The team has worked tirelessly to bring PC gamers a great experience.
- Technical details about features like the FOV slider and Xbox Live integration with Steam were provided. Both are going to be supported features in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- A new progression system for Halo: The Master Chief Collection was announced that will evolve as each game releases for PC.
- Unreal Engine 4 is powering the new progression system and updated menus of Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection uses a lot of different technology and information about all of the different engines was provided.
- The team is currently targeting an uncapped frame rate for the games.
- A Halo: Reach campaign level will be playable on PC at E3 2019.
Keep in mind that the amount of new information spans pages. These are just the footnotes. We highly recommend that you read the blog post in its entirety, as it's got plenty of details that are incredibly interesting. If you're wondering how you can help 343 Industries get Halo: Reach and the rest of the games in the Halo: The Master Chief Collection working on PC, make sure to sign up for the Halo Insider Program.
Additionally, make sure you tune in for Microsoft's E3 2019 conference on June 9 as 343 Industries is going to share more information with the community about Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC, and almost definitely news about Halo Infinite.
Finish the fight
Experience the entirety of Halo history
The Master Chief Collection is a collection of every Halo shooter from the pre-Xbox One era, offering incredible value at an incredible price.
Excellent and affordable Xbox accessories
Up your Xbox experience with one (or all) of these budget accessories, all of which are approved by the gamers of Windows Central.
PowerA Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One ($15 at Amazon)
This charging kit keeps your Xbox One wireless controllers juiced up, and it offers batteries for two controllers. At just $15, this is hands-down our favorite budget charging companion.
ElecGear 4 Port USB Xbox One S Hub ($19 at Amazon)
This brilliant little USB splitter hub attaches perfectly to the side of your Xbox One S console. It's ideal for use with chargers, controllers, headsets, and more.
Controller Gear stand ($13 at Amazon)
Proudly display your Xbox gamepads with this stylish and functional stand. The licensed design is minimalist and black, and it has a hidden storage compartment, making the price of $13 a real steal.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Join us for the latest Windows Central Video Podcast
We're live with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Review: Kensington's SD5500T dock works with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 PCs
The SD5500T docking station is compatible with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, opening it up to use with more devices. It's similar to some other great docks out there, so how does it measure up?
How to play Minecraft Dungeons Beta
How to get started with Minecraft Dungeons early via the ongoing beta, with all the details and release dates you need to know.
Get these great Xbox gaming headsets for under $100
Do you fancy a new Xbox One headset? Do you fancy not spending more than $100? Let us help!