Well over a year after it was first announced, developer Klab has finally released Age of Empires: World Domination for Android devices, along with a soft launch on iOS. The free-to-play mobile strategy game is based on the classic PC RTS game series from Microsoft. However, a previously announced Windows Phone version has yet to be launched.
Here's a look at the game's features:
- A Revolutionary Real-Time Battle System
- Manage your battle resources, deploy your troops and wage war with your opponents on the battlefield - all in real-time!
- Adapt to the tide of battle and respond to your enemies in kind with the best tactics
- Explore the map and lay waste to your enemies hidden in the fog-of-war
- Limitless Empire Customization, create your own empire with structures from history's greatest civilizations.
- Choose your own progress with fan-favorite Technology Trees available with every empire!
- Recreate historical empires by mastering all technologies of a single empire or...
- Grow your original empire and create the finest army from selection of the world's greatest civilizations!
- With over 100 legendary heroes to choose from, let your heroes take charge
- Heroes include: Joan of Arc, King Arthur, Oda Nobunaga, Cao Cao, Knut the Great and more!
- Team up your heroes with distinct troop types to create the ultimate battle unit!
- Manage your empire and deploy advanced tactics in battle with simple & intuitive touch gestures.
- Tap, drag, swipe your way to victory!
- Become a pro by starting with simple guide missions!
- Rule the world effortlessly by enabling AUTO mode and letting the A.I. fight your way to the top
You can download Age of Empires: World Domination right now on the Google Play Store and the iOS version is being soft launched in a few countries. We have contacted Microsoft to find out the status of the Windows Phone version.