What you need to know
- Warcraft III: Reforged is now available, and AMD is ready with new drivers.
- The latest set of drivers for Radeon graphics cards includes support for Warcraft III: Reforged and Journey to the Savage Planet.
- If you have a Radeon card, you can download the latest drivers now.
Blizzard launched Warcraft III: Reforged, an updated take on the classic RTS. Coinciding with the launch, AMD has also released a new set of drivers for Radeon graphics cards to add support for the game. The update also brings support for Journey to the Savage Planet, along with the standard batch of bug fixes.
Here's a full look at what's new and the issues fixed in this latest update to the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition suite, which comes in at version 20.1.4.
- Warcraft III: Reforged
- With high presets on the Radeon RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 11% better performance playing Warcraft III: Reforged with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.1.4 than with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3.RS-331
- Journey to the Savage Planet
- Red Dead Redemption 2™ may experience square or blocky textures on some terrain during gameplay when using Vulkan® API.
- Some Vulkan® API games may experience a crash or application hang when performing a task switch while Radeon Image Sharpening is enabled.
- Text overflow is observed in toast messages for some languages.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to switch recording to desktop when Radeon Software is open.
- Grand Theft Auto™ 5 may experience a system hang or black screen at launch, when opening Radeon Overlay while in game, or after performing a task switch while in game.
- Audio may intermittently be missing from Radeon ReLive recordings near the end of recorded clips.
- Integer Scaling option is not showing up or available on some Windows®7 system configurations.
- A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- A system crash or hang may occur when running the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers™ benchmark. Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.
- Multiple games may have very dark or very bright graphics in game when HDR is enabled in Windows®.
- Radeon Anti-Lag enable and disable beep notifications may be played in error when individually pressing keys assigned to the hotkey.
- The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.
- Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
- Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. - A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.
Warcraft III: Reforged brings players back to some of the biggest storylines and battles in the history of the Warcraft franchise. The game takes what made the original Warcraft III, and its Frozen Throne expansion, great and mixes things up with new, modern visuals, cutscenes, and all of the features of Battlenet. You can pick up Warcraft III: Reforged for $30 now. And if you need a new GPU, have a look at our picks for the best graphics cards on the market.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.