Last week, Rovio was kind enough to update all of their Angry Birds games for Windows Phone 8 with new content. This included an update for Angry Birds Star Wars II, which was supposed to bring the Windows Phone version in-line with the December 5th iOS update.
For some reason, the new “Battle of Naboo” levels did not show up for many Windows Phone users after installing the update. We’ll never know what went on there, but it hardly matters any more. Today the game received an update that corrects the issue with the previous patch. At last we can battle for Naboo like the cool kids are doing!
Version 1.2.1 Release notes
This update’s release notes are the same as the previous one since it’s just meant to get the previous new features working. Here they are again:
- Continue the fight against the Bird or Pork Side in the latest Battle of Naboo chapter with 44 new levels and 3 new free characters!
- 20 NEW PORK SIDE LEVELS! Launch an attack on Naboo’s capital city and face the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn in the big boss fight!
- 20 NEW BIRD SIDE LEVELS! Face the enemy on the devastated battlefields of Naboo and then continue the battle in space!
- TELEPODS! A groundbreaking new way to play! Now teleport your favorite characters into the game by placing your Angry Birds Star Wars Telepods* figures on your device’s camera!
- NEW SECRET LEVELS! Find the hidden maps to unlock 4 secret levels!
- NEW FREE CHARACTERS! Play as Padme, Captain Panaka and Zam Wesell for free!
Finishing the fight (for Naboo)
If you’ve seen the Star Wars prequel films, you might be asking “Who cares about Naboo?” I mean, Naboo provided the setting for the Phantom Menace, and that movie is used to torture prisoners in some countries.
Naboo is the home of Jar Jar Binks, Boss Nass, and lots of Battle Droids. It has that big underwater city with giant carnivorous fish and you have to go through the planet’s core for some reason. It ain’t no Tatooine, is all I’m saying…
Well, the “Battle of Naboo” is the third set of levels in Angry Birds Star Wars II. More levels means more fun, so that’s why it matters.
When players first select the Episode, they’ll be prompted to choose between the Bird and Pork sides. Whichever choice you make, you’ll have to live with for a while. You’ll only have access to that side’s unique levels until you accumulate 35 stars within them.
Each side has one treasure map collectible for unhappy avian players to find. In the Bird side, you’ll spot the map on level B3-7. Playing as the Pork side, you’ll find it on level P3-6. Collect a treasure map for two secret levels, so you’ll get four secret levels in total from the Battle for Naboo maps.
- Angry Birds Star Wars II – Windows Phone 8 – 41 MB - $.99 – Store Link
Thanks to Jonathan R. for the tip!
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
The Razer Tomahawk is small in stature, but mighty in power
Razer has a new gaming PC on the scene, and this time it's a compact desktop. The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop uses a variation of the Tomahawk case to bring a modular, powerful PC that's designed to take up very little of your desk space.
Here are the best Cyberpunk 2077 collectibles and merch
Cyberpunk 2077 is a huge game, and is accompanied by a massive pool of collectibles, accessories, and merch for everyone from hardcore collectors to dabbling fans. Here are the best collectibles and merch for Cyberpunk 2077.