What you need to know
- Minecraft Dungeons is the newest game from Mojang Studios, the creators of Minecraft.
- It's a third-person dungeon crawling Diablo-them-up, and it's been a ton of fun, especially with friends.
- However, it's not been free of issues and instability problems, which Mojang Studios is working to fix.
- A new patch being released comes with a swath of fixes for every platform Minecraft Dungeons is available on.
It took a little longer than we expected, but we're now getting a proper patch update for Minecraft Dungeons that fixes a whole laundry list of issues players were having with stability and general gameplay. The changelog is impressive enough on all platforms, for a patch at least, but each platform is also getting additional fixes specific to that console. The update is out now for Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4, but it'll be coming to Xbox One and Windows as well shortly.
We'll update this article when we also receive the update on Xbox One and Windows 10. You can also check out the Minecraft Dungeons help page for more information on patches when they come out. This seems to be a pretty solid patch, and should make the game feel a lot more stable for lots of players.
The changes included in the patch include:
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed a crash that could occur when starting a game session
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using fishing rods
- Fixed several crashes related to picking up food items
- Fixed a crash that could occur when moving away from enchanted mobs
- Fixed a crash that could occur when joining a game
- Fixed players crashing if the host transitioned to Camp while when players were almost finished loading
- Fixed infinite loading screen issue when transitioning between levels while players are loading in online co-op
- Adjusted the look of the Hero Cape (MCD-1813)
- Added version number to the Settings screen
- Fixed spawning and sometimes dying under the world when a mission is completed (MCD-70)
- Fixed a slope in Pumpkin Pastures that could kill players just by walking into it (MCD-62)
- It's no longer possible to leave Creepy Crypt without picking up the tome (MCD-1356)
- Fixed the settings menu not able to be opened more than once from the main menu
- Fixed the Surprise Gift enchantment not dropping any items
- Fixed players getting stuck in railing on Highblock Halls when entering from the well during local co-op
- Enchanted mob groups now have a chance of dropping rewards when defeated
- While the left gamepad stick is being tilted, pressing the A button now results in attacking a mob instead of picking up an item
- Fixed several issues that occurred while Player 3 was joining a game session in local co-op
- Fixed merchants not showing up properly in online co-op
- Food spawned from enchantments and the tables in Highblock Halls now count towards the "Om Nom Nom" achievement
- Fixed "Kill the Zombie" tutorial hint lingering for too long
- Fixed several text strings not fitting inside buttons in several languages
- Fixed the music for the stats and reward screen not playing after completing a mission
- Implemented missing arrow impact sound effects
- Fixed items spawned by Food Reserves and Surprise Gifts to not appear for all players in online co-op
- Fixed a chance of getting stuck in the air when Ghost Cloak ran out
- Fixed players sometimes getting sent back to the main menu when starting or completing mission
- Spawn cage audio no longer continues to play after destruction
- Fixed chests sometime looping the opening sound effect
- Fixed low host FPS disconnecting players during camp/mission transition
- Fixed missing textures on the reward screen in several instances
- Radiance enchantment effects are now visible to all players in online co-op
- Fixed runes not activating properly for clients in multiplayer sessions
- Fixed the game becoming unresponsive when Airplane Mode has been turned on while waiting for the code to link a Microsoft Account
- Fixed the quick unequip button being incorrect on single Joy-Con, as well as category shifting buttons being wrong after changing between single and dual Joy-Cons while in the inventory
- Fixed incorrect button prompts on the user interface when using a single Joy-Con in local co-op
- Fixed the game freezing when pressing the Back button on the code screen while linking a Microsoft Account
- Fixed a green line that appeared at the bottom of the Mojang Studios splash screen in 1080p
- Trophies are now disabled for non-PSN account local users on PS4 local co-op when not Player 1
Not your average Minecraft
Minecraft explores the dungeons.
Minecraft Dungeons is the next saga in Minecraft's story, and Mojang Studios have knocked another one out of the park. Awesome co-op combat paired with powerful loot, all at a crazy affordable price? There's not much more you could ask for in an epic dungeon crawling ARPG.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
Fresh Surface Duo renders are here, reportedly coming to AT&T
Microsoft hasn't exactly been camera shy with the Surface Duo, but a new set of renders have leaked that offer an even closer look at the device. Alongside the leaked images, the leaker says Duo will be headed to AT&T in the U.S.
Accessorize your Razer Blade 15 gaming laptop
The Razer Blade 15 is an excellent gaming laptop, but there are plenty of accessories for it you should consider getting, too. Here's what we recommend.