After a lengthy two-year stint in early access, ARK: Survival Evolved is finally set for a full release. Available for preorder now, the game will officially make its way to Xbox One, PS4, and PC on August 8 with digital and retail boxed releases.
ARK has been arguably one of the biggest survival titles in development over the past couple of years. In it, you're tasked with the type of intense resource management and weapon and settlement building that you'd expect from a survival title, but set in a gorgeous world filled with dinosaurs and other wondrous creatures that you can hunt, tame, or run from in utter terror.
Along with a standard digital and physical release, ARK is also getting some pretty neat collector's editions. The first, simply called the Explorer's Edition, offers the base game and a season pass that will give you access to all expansion packs for $99. The top-end Limited Collector's Edition, however, packs in a ton more in a faux-wooden chest for $160. Here's a look at what's inside:
- A handcrafted leather-bound Explorer's Notebook, featuring the Dossiers of every in-game creature
- An official ARK necklace
- A cloth map of the ARK island
- A poster of the Studio Wildcard development team
- The official ARK: Survival Evolved soundtrack, recorded live at Abbey Road with the Philharmonia Orchestra
- Manufactured by Triforce, the best designer of high-quality video game collectibles!
Finally, the ARK team has announced that the game will be a launch title for the new Xbox One X this November. The goal is to have it running on Epic settings at 60 frames per second. The game will also be Xbox Play Anywhere enabled, allowing you to buy it once and play crossplay on both Xbox One and Windows 10.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.