We're back for another episode of #AskDanWindows where I take your questions from Twitter and email and do my best to answer. Obviously, a lot has happened in the last two weeks especially with Windows Phone, so I'll be talking a lot about that topic.
Ready for the questions we picked? Here we go!
AskDanWindows Episode 18 Questions of the Week
- Do you agree that windows phone is over? (Do you still use WP everyday) – Jason L.
- What do you think was Microsoft's biggest mistake with Windows Phone and do you believe without the mistake Windows Phone would be a success today? – Jason L.
- So my question is, Should I get the L930 (which is more affordable but outdated) or wait for L950 (which is more expensive but a high end phone)? – Manish R.
- Why isn't it possible to buy a game once and have it be available to download on both PC and Xbox. - Ehtesham S
- Why is Microsoft pushing back the rollout date for Windows 10 Mobile and losing momentum from the 950/950XL release? – Ryan N.
- Any word on a Band 3? Will Band 1 get any more feature updates? – Russel H.
- What about Surface 4 (non pro version)? Is MSFT just waiting for Intel Goldmont chips? – Lucas B.
- How do you feel about Microsoft giving goodies to other platforms (WordFlow, Garage apps, etc) while their own OS lacks much? – Samir S.
- Why have Microsoft not been able to merge skype into messaging in the way imessage for apple works? Or is this the plan? – David S.
- Is it possible to install windows phone 8.1.1 using recover tool in Lumia 950XL or 950 – Yasir R.
- Is the 650 the last phone based on Nokia's designs or is it a sign of things to come with the Surface phone? - @ltjordan24
Thanks to everyone who submitted a question and as always, thanks for watching!
Don't use Twitter? Well after much feedback we are happy to announce you can forward your questions to AskDan@WindowsCentral.com to submit your requests!
About that office…
For those of you wondering about our office, we did our full office tour a few months ago. You can find that article here including our equipment listing or watch the video below!
Missed previous episodes? You may be surprised what I have revealed. You can find previous episodes of #AskDanWindows here on the main landing page.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.