Back in 2007, this site kicked off under the banner of WMExperts. We later changed our name to Windows Phone Central and just last year to Windows Central to reflect our growth into all things Microsoft. Since starting eight years ago, we have expanded considerably and with that comes our very first full-time office here in Massachusetts, USA.
Currently, it employs me and Mark Guim our videographer. We'll likely add a third and maybe a fourth employee over due time as this space provides an appropriate studio environment for speedier and more cooperative work. Hopefully, it'll allow us to provide you with higher quality content!
The rest of the Windows Central contributors, including Paul, Seth, Jonathan, Jez, George, Mauro, John, Richard, Abhishek and Jason all work from home. (Due to location restrictions, we only have one office right now).
Many of you have been following Mark and me on Twitter and Instagram and have seen the office coming together. Today, we're ready to show the nearly completed setup as a fun behind the scenes look at how we run things every day.
Later, we'll be deep diving into some specific aspects of our hardware if interest warrants. For now we'll just list the details below, and you can watch the video to see it all in action! Let us know what you think.
Main PC – iBuyPower
- NZXT Phantom 240 White Gaming Case
- Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System
- NZXT Internal USB Expansion System
- Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Processor
- MSI Computer NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 100 Million Edition
- Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System
- RAM 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-2800
- ASUS Z170-K Motherboard
- Corsair CX600 V2 power supply
- 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
- Intel F200 RealSense dev camera
- Anker PowerPort 6 Multi-Port USB Charger
- Inateck 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
- HP Spectre 32-inch Studio Display LED-lit 4K Monitor
- Acer K272HUL 27-inch WQHD
- LG 27MP33HQ 27-inch Full HD IPS
- Dell UltraSharp UP2414Q 23.8-Inch 4k LED-Lit Monitor
- WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo 4 TB Dual Drive
- Bracketron NanoTek Phone Stand
- Philips Hue Personal Wireless Lighting, Starter Pack
- Philips Friends of Hue Personal Wireless Lighting Lightstrip
- Ikan PT-ELITE-U Elite Universal Tablet Teleprompter Kit
- Linco Lincostore 2000 Watt Photo Studio Lighting Kit
- Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop (L5V-00001)
- Sharp LC-40LE653U 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz Smart LED TV
- Dropcam Pro Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Security Camera
- Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse
- SmartThings Smarter Home Starter Kit
- Xbox One Special Edition Halo: The Master Chief Collection 500GB Bundle
Microsoft Posters and pillows
Redbubble.com - Search under Halo, Microsoft, etc.
- KARLSTAD Sofa, Sivik dark gray
- Ikea Bekant standing desk
- IKEA PS cabinet
- BEKANT 5-sided desk, white
- Markus chair
- BESTÅ BURS
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
We compare the Lenovo Legion 5i 15 with the ASUS TUF Gaming A15
Shopping for a new gaming laptop that hits mid-range performance and costs around $1,000? Check out how the Lenovo's Legion 5i 15 compares to the ASUS TUF Gaming A15.
Edge Canary is taking tabs vertical for some users
Microsoft has started testing its new vertical tab interface with at least some Edge Canary testers. This appears to be part of an A/B test, so it's not available to everyone at the moment.
Complete list of Xbox One Dolby Atmos games
Dolby Atmos creates a realistic, immersive soundscape, but is not featured in every game. These are all Xbox One games with baked-in Dolby Atmos support so far.