Great news for those who watch America’s favorite pastime, aka Major League Baseball (MLB), as their official app for the 2013 season is now available for free download. The app is of course limited to Windows Phone 8, as far as we can tell, but that should not be a surprise considering how much easier it is to develop for.
The app itself has a nice redesign and is chock full of features, allowing even the most devoted baseball fan to be content.
Features included for At Bat 13:
- Watch the free MLB.TV Game of the Day or access your MLB.TV Premium subscription to watch every out-of-market game
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers can access archives from the 2013 seasons on-demand
- Home and away radio broadcasts
- Live scoreboard, standings, and schedules
- Pin your favorite teams to the Start screen to directly access their team page
- Live Tiles display daily match ups
- Closed captioning availability for live video
Our baseball guru, George is out catching bad guys today, so we can’t vouch for this new version of the app. Luckily there’s a reason why the dev gods created comments, so that you can share your thoughts with others, so go right ahead and do that below.
Pick up At Bat 13, the official app of MLB, here in the Store. Free, Windows Phone 8 only. Thanks, Brian P., and others for the tips!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.