There are no-nonsense apps that simply present the core conditions and others that provide information in a more vibrant, eye-catching style. While this genre of Windows 10 apps is difficult to narrow down to just a few choices, we sifted through the Store and have this collection to offer as the best weather apps for Windows 10.
[Best Windows 10 apps of 2017](/Best Windows 10 Apps of 2017)
MSN Weather is a popular offering from Microsoft that covers all of the basics and more. The clean appearance helps add to the attraction of this weather app. Key features for MSN Weather include:
- Local forecast that includes current conditions, 10-day extended forecast, hourly breakdowns of what you should expect from Mother Nature, sunrise and sunset times, and more.
- Animated weather maps that include radar, temperature, satellite, cloud and radar forecast imagery.
- Historical weather information that breaks down a location's monthly weather patterns.
- Severe weather alerts appear on the local forecast page to alert you when the weather bears watching.
MSN Weather also includes a news section so you can get caught up with all the weather headlines. Live Tile support and Lockscreen support are present, and you can log into MSN Weather with your Microsoft Account to synchronize settings and preferences between Windows 10 devices.
I would like to see toast notifications and the option to use local images with the Lockscreen support. Still, it's clear why MSN Weather is as popular as it is. The free Windows 10 app is available for Windows 10 PC and Mobile, as well as Xbox One.
Download MSN Weather from the Windows Store (opens in new tab)
Appy Weather is one of the cleanest looking weather apps available in the Windows Store. Navigating around the app is fast and fluid, taking full advantage of the panoramic and modern design. Forecast information is presented in a more personal way, not only offering the nuts and bolts of the forecast but also how it feels. For example, if it is brutally cold out today, tomorrow's forecast might add that it should not be as cold as it feels today.
Key features for Appy Weather include:
- Forecasts for today, tomorrow and the upcoming weekend.
- Seven day extended forecast.
- Severe weather notifications.
- Live Tile and Lockscreen support.
Current conditions are abbreviated to display the temperature, a general weather pattern (clear, raining, or cloudy) and a "feels like" temperature. You can extend this display to reveal additional weather information such as chances of rain, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, humidity levels, visibility, barometric pressure, dew point and UV index. If a storm is anywhere close to your location, that information is provided as well.
Appy Weather lacks a weather radar feature, but overall, if you are looking for a clean looking, easy-to-navigate weather app to provide you with no-nonsense weather information Appy Weather is worth a try. The app is available for Windows 10 Mobile, and a seven-day trial version is available to let you try out Appy Weather. The full version of Appy Weather costs $3.99.
Forecast joins the ranks of clean-looking, informative weather apps available for Windows 10 PC and Mobile. This weather app covers millions of locations worldwide and offers both Live Tile and Lockscreen support.
Key features for Forecast include:
- Current conditions, along with weekly and hourly forecast periods.
- Meteogram view for weekly and hourly forecast that provides an easy, at-a-glance view of what is expected out of the weather.
- Location awareness to automatically download your weather information based on your current location.
- The background image can be set to Bing's Image of the Day or a color pattern.
While Forecast lacks any weather maps or severe weather notifications, it is a good looking source for basic weather information that can help you plan out your day or week. Forecast currently costs $1.49.
Download Forecast from the Windows Store (opens in new tab)
If you are looking for a simple and colorful weather app, check out Strawberry Weather. This Windows 10 weather app delivers your current conditions, an extended forecast, weather alerts and Lockscreen and Live-Tile support, wrapped in a vibrant package.
Key features for Strawberry Weather includes:
- Local forecast information, as well as a seven day, extended forecast.
- Live Tile and Lockscreen support.
- 12 colorful themes.
- Support for Dark Sky weather services (paid subscription) that delivers real-feel temperatures, down-to-the-minute forecasts for the next hour, severe weather alerts and more.
While Strawberry Weather lacks a weather map or radar feature, it has support for toast notifications. Notifications can be set to alert you of routine weather conditions throughout the day, or filtered to only alert you to severe weather issues.
The free app is available for Windows 10 PC and Mobile, with the subscription option for Dark Sky services and a $0.99 option to unlock a premium feature that automatically adds nearby places to your favorite locations page. That feature that could come in handy to alert you to weather conditions as you travel.
All in all, Strawberry Weather is a colorful way to track the weather, and it delivers a ton of features to your Windows 10 device.
Download Strawberry Weather from the Windows Store (opens in new tab)
Prognoza is an eye-catching weather app for Windows 10 Mobile. The clean design delivers the basic forecast information and current conditions to your phone with Live Tile and Lockscreen support. Prognoza can track your weather based on your Windows 10 Mobile location services or by specific locations that can be added manually.
Other key features for Prognoza include:
- Hourly and seven-day forecasts.
- Current conditions including temperature (current, and high and low), humidity, pressure, sunrise and sunset times, cloud coverage and wind.
- Multiple themes and icon sets to allow you to customize Prognoza's appearance.
- Customizable toast notifications to alert you to specific conditions (sunny, clouds, rain, storms, fog and snow).
- Multiple language support.
The background image for Prognoza reflects the current conditions, and the extended forecast screens are accentuated with similar imagery.
On the downside, Prognoza lacks any weather maps (radar or satellite) preventing it from being a more comprehensive weather source. However, even without weather imagery Prognoza delivers a decent amount of weather information to keep you up to date on the conditions outside. Prognoza currently costs $1.49.
Download Prognoza from the Windows Store (opens in new tab)
If you have tried any of these Windows 10 weather apps, let us know what you think in the comments. Deciding which Windows 10 weather apps rank as the best has challenging, so we welcome your feedback.
There are other options such as Perfect Weather Universal (opens in new tab), NOAA Hi-Def Radar (opens in new tab) and Accuweather (opens in new tab). If we have overlooked your favorite Windows 10 weather app, feel free to toss out your recommendation in the comments as well!
Updated January 04, 2017: These remain the weather apps that we continue to view as the best from the Windows Store.