We mentioned that the popular Twitter app 'Birdsong' (video hands on) got a price drop to $0.99 yesterday. As it turns out, it is temporary, but in addition the app just hit v1.2 with a bunch of new features and some bug fixes. But probably the bigger news is that the developers, Red Badger, are prepping their v1.3 which promises to bring those push notifications/live tile to the much talked about app. Here are a few of the changes though in v1.2:
- Multiple accounts – via accounts.
- Geo-tagging – you can attach your location, exact location or a nearby place to tweets.
- Via settings you can control whether to always auto geo-tag all you tweets and whether you want to share your exact location by default. These settings are account specific.
- Configurable timeline font size – via settings.
- Favourite/Unfavourite a tweet.
- Share tweet/DM via Email or SMS
- Delete Tweet
- Delete Direct Message
Plus it's now "copy and paste ready" for that big NoDo update, which is a nice plus. Grab it here in the Marketplace. See the developer's notes here.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central. He is also the head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007, when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and watches. He has been reviewing laptops since 2015 and is particularly fond of 2-in-1 convertibles, ARM processors, new form factors, and thin-and-light PCs. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.