UK energy supplier, British Gas, has confirmed in a response to a customer that Windows Phone support is in the works. The company has acknowledged the demand for a Windows Phone app with more and more requests coming through from customers. This has led to the development of said solution to join both iOS and Android.
Unfortunately, there's no stated release date but you can look to expect to see an app, which will boast the same level of functionality as the already available Android and iOS apps. It's worth noting that both the company and mobile development team are taking suggestions and comments through the app development.
Here's a list of features found in the iOS British Gas app, which we could expect to see on Windows Phone soon:
- Log in or register for an online British Gas account.
- Quickly and simply submit meter readings.
- A torch to help you read meters in dark places.
- View and pay your energy bill.
- Manage your Direct Debit.
- View detailed account information including your account balance, payment history and tariff.
- Book an engineer to fix a faulty appliance or to complete an Annual Service.
- Compare your energy usage with others in your local area.
- Check the points balance of your Nectar card and see how many points you’ve earned by being a British Gas customer
- 24-hour emergency telephone numbers.
- Contact our customer services by email or telephone.
We'll keep our eyes open for further details and will update you all accordingly.
Cheers, Paul, for the tip!
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Microsoft Edge is about to let you use Chrome themes from the web store
Microsoft Edge being built on Chromium has its advantages, mainly in that you an take advantage of Chrome's vast library of extensions. In the latest example of this, Microsoft has started allowing Edge users in the Dev channel install themes from the Chrome web store.
Need a new laptop to run VR? Here are the best devices out there now.
Using a laptop to power your VR system makes it easy to take it with you wherever you go. Not just any laptop is going to work for VR, though, so we rounded up your best options right here.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.