UK energy supplier, British Gas, has confirmed in a response to a customer that Windows Phone support is in the works. The company has acknowledged the demand for a Windows Phone app with more and more requests coming through from customers. This has led to the development of said solution to join both iOS and Android.
Unfortunately, there's no stated release date but you can look to expect to see an app, which will boast the same level of functionality as the already available Android and iOS apps. It's worth noting that both the company and mobile development team are taking suggestions and comments through the app development.
Here's a list of features found in the iOS British Gas app, which we could expect to see on Windows Phone soon:
- Log in or register for an online British Gas account.
- Quickly and simply submit meter readings.
- A torch to help you read meters in dark places.
- View and pay your energy bill.
- Manage your Direct Debit.
- View detailed account information including your account balance, payment history and tariff.
- Book an engineer to fix a faulty appliance or to complete an Annual Service.
- Compare your energy usage with others in your local area.
- Check the points balance of your Nectar card and see how many points you’ve earned by being a British Gas customer
- 24-hour emergency telephone numbers.
- Contact our customer services by email or telephone.
We'll keep our eyes open for further details and will update you all accordingly.
Cheers, Paul, for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.