Saturday Game School is our weekly Windows Central livestream in which we play an Xbox One game and give out free games and prizes to our live viewers. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers!
Tonight on Mixer, we played and gave out free copies of The Coma: Recut, the frightening horror game that takes place in a Korean high school filled with vicious killers. Read on for quick impressions and contest winners.
Just follow us at Mixer.com/WindowsCentral, enable email notifications, watch along, and participate in chat for your chance to win.
The Coma: Recut
The Coma: Recut is a horror/adventure game from Digerati that takes place entirely from a 2D side-scrolling perspective. Story scenes feature visual novel-style dynamic artwork and text-based dialog that generally impress with their stylized designs and mostly excellent translation. But during actual gameplay, you'll explore the hallways, search for clues, and avoid hazards on-foot in dynamic 2D.
The game stars a Korean high school student named Youngho. One morning, Youngho runs into his favorite teacher, who schedules a meeting with him about his grades after class. But just as exams start, our protagonist falls asleep. When he awakens, the lights in the school have been shut off and all of its doors locked. What's more, his teacher no longer seems to have his best interests in mind.
Poor Youngho can't fight back against the psychotic (and possibly demonic) killer who stalks him through the high school. He can't fight back against the killer, so his only option is to run and hide. This gives the game a very Alien Isolation-like quality, as you could be chased and killed at any moment while exploring the school. It's intense and fun. See our full review for more impressions!
The Coma: Recut costs $14.99 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam.
We streamed The Coma: Recut for ~90 minutes. During that time, we gave out the following prize codes:
- Ten The Coma: Recut full game for Xbox One
- Five The Coma: Recut full game for PlayStation 4 (North American accounts only)
- Five The Coma: Recut full game for Steam
These viewers are going back to school, but will they survive it?
Tonight's prizes provided by Digerati. Thanks also to our stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
Saturday Game School always starts at the same time: 9pm ET (8pm CT, 6pm PT, 2am GMT). Here is our tentative schedule of upcoming streams:
- Saturday, October 21: Dead by Daylight, the terrifying online horror game in which four survivors battle against one supernatural killer. Win the full game, a $30 value!
- Saturday, October 28: Kholat, a horror-themed adventure game that takes place in the frozen mountains of Russia.
- Saturday, November 4: JYDGE, the sci-fi twin-stick shooter in which you customize your own cybernetic judge and then set out to judge and eliminate criminals.
- Saturday, November 11: Ruiner, the amazingly stylish cyberpunk shooter from Devolver Digital.
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.