We first saw CoPilot GPS for Windows Phone 8 back at Mobile World Congress. Over the last few weeks, the app entered into final testing and tonight, the app is finally available for download.
The popular navigation app brings yet-another solid choice to Windows Phone users who are looking for a concrete driving solution. Truth be told, we’ve been using the app for a few weeks now and have been quite impressed with its bold graphics, traffic integration (we really like the traffic bar to the right), voice navigation (yes, some of the voices even announce street names) and overall “smartness” of the app, including a ton of various configurations.
CoPilot is itself free with some limited features and the company has embraced the in-app purchase model where you buy features as you go and as you need, rather than plonking down $20, $30 or $40 for the whole app with all the tools, whether you use them or not. We understand some don’t like IAP but we’re big fans of the À la carte model for software in 2013.
Other features of the app include:
- Premium quality 2D street maps stored on-board your phone for offline use
- Powerful door to door route planning with multi-stop trip optimizer
- Millions of Points of Interest
- Alternate Routes: choice of up to 3 ways to your destination
- Driving directions: manually scroll through the turns to your destination
- Walking mode: explore unfamiliar cities without data roaming
- 14 days FREE use of full voice-guided navigation and ActiveTraffic™ features.
IN-APP UPGRADE TO VOICE-GUIDED NAVIGATION
- Upgrade to full in-car navigation features via in-app purchase and enjoy unlimited use of turn-by-turn guidance with voice instructions, 3D maps, speed limit warnings, ClearTurn™ display, lane indicator arrows and much more!
- Download any ONE of the following for free: US + Canada; UK + Ireland; Balkans; BeNeLux, Russia; DACH; France; Greece; Iberia; Italy; Nordics; Poland; Romania; Turkey; Ukraine, Southern Africa; Australia + New Zealand; Brazil; Middle East/GCC.
- Traveling abroad? You can add extra map regions through in-app purchase
Sounds like something you may be interested in? Then check out our quick hands on of the app above or just head to the Store here to download the app yourself. Sound off in comments on your thoughts!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Does Dell's XPS 13 or Acer's Swift 5 work better for you? We compare.
The late-2019 refresh of Acer's 14-inch Swift 5 is mostly a winner, but how does it match up to the latest Dell XPS 13 9300 model that's better than ever? We pit the two against each other to help you pick a winner.
Microsoft's 'Project Catnip' PWA for Windows Insiders is dead
Microsoft has killed off its plans for "Project Catnip," a Progressive Web App (PWA) for Windows Insiders to keep up on the latest news going on with the Insider program. The company says it's still exploring options for some of the features explored in the PWA.
Would Surface Duo's dual displays make up for a bad camera? (Poll)
The Surface Duo is gunning for a late 2020 launch, but the lack of a rear-firing camera bump certainly doesn't paint a picture of a high-quality contemporary smartphone camera. Does the folding functionality make up for it?
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.