We first saw CoPilot GPS for Windows Phone 8 back at Mobile World Congress. Over the last few weeks, the app entered into final testing and tonight, the app is finally available for download.
The popular navigation app brings yet-another solid choice to Windows Phone users who are looking for a concrete driving solution. Truth be told, we’ve been using the app for a few weeks now and have been quite impressed with its bold graphics, traffic integration (we really like the traffic bar to the right), voice navigation (yes, some of the voices even announce street names) and overall “smartness” of the app, including a ton of various configurations.
CoPilot is itself free with some limited features and the company has embraced the in-app purchase model where you buy features as you go and as you need, rather than plonking down $20, $30 or $40 for the whole app with all the tools, whether you use them or not. We understand some don’t like IAP but we’re big fans of the À la carte model for software in 2013.
Other features of the app include:
- Premium quality 2D street maps stored on-board your phone for offline use
- Powerful door to door route planning with multi-stop trip optimizer
- Millions of Points of Interest
- Alternate Routes: choice of up to 3 ways to your destination
- Driving directions: manually scroll through the turns to your destination
- Walking mode: explore unfamiliar cities without data roaming
- 14 days FREE use of full voice-guided navigation and ActiveTraffic™ features.
IN-APP UPGRADE TO VOICE-GUIDED NAVIGATION
- Upgrade to full in-car navigation features via in-app purchase and enjoy unlimited use of turn-by-turn guidance with voice instructions, 3D maps, speed limit warnings, ClearTurn™ display, lane indicator arrows and much more!
- Download any ONE of the following for free: US + Canada; UK + Ireland; Balkans; BeNeLux, Russia; DACH; France; Greece; Iberia; Italy; Nordics; Poland; Romania; Turkey; Ukraine, Southern Africa; Australia + New Zealand; Brazil; Middle East/GCC.
- Traveling abroad? You can add extra map regions through in-app purchase
Sounds like something you may be interested in? Then check out our quick hands on of the app above or just head to the Store here to download the app yourself. Sound off in comments on your thoughts!
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
Review: Razer's Hammerhead True Wireless Pro deliver THX and ANC for gamers
If you're looking for really good wireless earbuds and also happen to like mobile gaming, the new Razer Hammerhead True Wireless Pro is what you need. Featuring THX audio, ANC, low-latency streaming, and excellent comfort, there's a lot to like. Here's what we think of them after a week of using them with iOS and Android.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.