The Division 2 is the sequel to the popular first game that launched back in 2016. The Division 2 is a third-person military shooter which tasks you with stopping malicious forces from seizing control of the government in the District of Columbia. It's unclear how the rest of the country is affected at this point.
The Division 2 will receive a lot of free updates in 2019 and if you own the Year 1 Pass, you can play them a few days early. The Year 1 Pass is included in the Gold and Ultimate editions, but you can also purchase it for $40. The pass grants early access to all additional content, instant access to new "Specilizations," more "Classified Assignments" to reveal more about the city, and some cosmetic items that should help you stand out.
The first of this is going to drop tomorrow. Ubisoft just revealed that the "Tidal Basin" will launch the "Invasion: Battle for D.C." event. This update brings new challenges that are listed below.
- The Tidal Basin holds a new stronghold held by the "Black Tusk" faction. Tidal Basin is now home to some of the most powerful enemies in the game, and they're not going down without a fight.
- After completing the Tidal Basin Stronghold, players will be able to advance to World Tier 5 and unlock the possibility to obtain gear scores 450 to 500.
- Invasion: Battle for D.C. introduces a new Heroic difficulty setting making for some of the most challenging gameplay yet.
- Upon reaching World Tier 5, weekly invasions will be introduced with the Black Tusk taking control over selected main missions and strongholds in the city.
- New exotic weapons called "Pestilence" and "Nemesis" have been added,
- New gear sets called "True Patriot," "Hardwired," and "Ongoing Directive" have been added.
- A new competitive multiplayer map called "Fort McNair" is dropping.
- The Invasion Apparel Event allows you to collect outfits inspired by the enemy factions.
However, there is even more content planner for later this month.
- "Operation Dark Hours" is the toughest of all challenges because it's an eight-player raid that will test teamwork
- In another update there's a new Specialization coming, but it's unclear when that will be.
Are you excited to explore the Tidal Basin in The Division 2? Be sure to admire the cherry blossoms. What do you think of the game? Let us know.
Save the American government
The continuation of a popular franchise
One of Ubisoft's most-anticipated new titles is The Division 2, the sequel to the popular first game that launched back in 2016. The Division 2 is a third-person military shooter.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Outlook.com still down following Microsoft 365 outage
If you've hit a snag signing into Microsoft 365 services today, you're not alone. Though the Microsoft 365 outage appears to be on the mend, Outlook.com is still down according to Microsoft's Office service status.
Everything we know about Halo Infinite (so far)
Everything we know about Halo Infinite – Master Chief’s next big adventure headed to Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC.
Surface Duo bumpers in graphite, ember, and ice colors now available
If you're looking to spice up your Surface Duo, these new official protective bumpers in blue, red, or dark grey should do the job. Unfortunately, at $40, you'll have to think long and hard at which color you want.
Finding Xbox One Wireless Controller replacement parts is easy
Here are all the replacement Xbox One controller parts you need for an easy fix.