The Division 2 is the sequel to the popular first game that launched back in 2016. The Division 2 is a third-person military shooter which tasks you with stopping malicious forces from seizing control of the government in the District of Columbia. It's unclear how the rest of the country is affected at this point.
The Division 2 will receive a lot of free updates in 2019 and if you own the Year 1 Pass, you can play them a few days early. The Year 1 Pass is included in the Gold and Ultimate editions, but you can also purchase it for $40. The pass grants early access to all additional content, instant access to new "Specilizations," more "Classified Assignments" to reveal more about the city, and some cosmetic items that should help you stand out.
The first of this is going to drop tomorrow. Ubisoft just revealed that the "Tidal Basin" will launch the "Invasion: Battle for D.C." event. This update brings new challenges that are listed below.
- The Tidal Basin holds a new stronghold held by the "Black Tusk" faction. Tidal Basin is now home to some of the most powerful enemies in the game, and they're not going down without a fight.
- After completing the Tidal Basin Stronghold, players will be able to advance to World Tier 5 and unlock the possibility to obtain gear scores 450 to 500.
- Invasion: Battle for D.C. introduces a new Heroic difficulty setting making for some of the most challenging gameplay yet.
- Upon reaching World Tier 5, weekly invasions will be introduced with the Black Tusk taking control over selected main missions and strongholds in the city.
- New exotic weapons called "Pestilence" and "Nemesis" have been added,
- New gear sets called "True Patriot," "Hardwired," and "Ongoing Directive" have been added.
- A new competitive multiplayer map called "Fort McNair" is dropping.
- The Invasion Apparel Event allows you to collect outfits inspired by the enemy factions.
However, there is even more content planner for later this month.
- "Operation Dark Hours" is the toughest of all challenges because it's an eight-player raid that will test teamwork
- In another update there's a new Specialization coming, but it's unclear when that will be.
Are you excited to explore the Tidal Basin in The Division 2? Be sure to admire the cherry blossoms. What do you think of the game? Let us know.
Save the American government
The continuation of a popular franchise
One of Ubisoft's most-anticipated new titles is The Division 2, the sequel to the popular first game that launched back in 2016. The Division 2 is a third-person military shooter.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Minecraft Dungeons: 10 things that we'd love to see improved
Minecraft Dungeons is a great game, but as we max out the game and hit full completion, there are a few things we think could easily be improved. Here are ten of them.
How Microsoft Teams changed my football team during the pandemic
The global health crisis caused my football team's practices and season to be canceled. To continue coaching, we switched to virtual classroom sessions using Microsoft Teams.
Twitter PWA picks up a simple tweet scheduler in latest update
Twitter's PWA is now showing a tweet scheduler, which was previously only in testing for some users. The feature has long been a part of TweetDeck, but it is now available to anyone using twitter.com or the Twitter progressive web apps, including from the Microsoft Store.
Best Xbox-themed Pride Accessories
June is LGBT Pride Month, which means that it's time to show your spirit! Check out these awesome Xbox-themed LGBT Pride accessories.