The Division 2 is the sequel to the popular first game that launched back in 2016. The Division 2 is a third-person military shooter which tasks you with stopping malicious forces from seizing control of the government in the District of Columbia. It's unclear how the rest of the country is affected at this point.
The Division 2 will receive a lot of free updates in 2019 and if you own the Year 1 Pass, you can play them a few days early. The Year 1 Pass is included in the Gold and Ultimate editions, but you can also purchase it for $40. The pass grants early access to all additional content, instant access to new "Specilizations," more "Classified Assignments" to reveal more about the city, and some cosmetic items that should help you stand out.
The first of this is going to drop tomorrow. Ubisoft just revealed that the "Tidal Basin" will launch the "Invasion: Battle for D.C." event. This update brings new challenges that are listed below.
- The Tidal Basin holds a new stronghold held by the "Black Tusk" faction. Tidal Basin is now home to some of the most powerful enemies in the game, and they're not going down without a fight.
- After completing the Tidal Basin Stronghold, players will be able to advance to World Tier 5 and unlock the possibility to obtain gear scores 450 to 500.
- Invasion: Battle for D.C. introduces a new Heroic difficulty setting making for some of the most challenging gameplay yet.
- Upon reaching World Tier 5, weekly invasions will be introduced with the Black Tusk taking control over selected main missions and strongholds in the city.
- New exotic weapons called "Pestilence" and "Nemesis" have been added,
- New gear sets called "True Patriot," "Hardwired," and "Ongoing Directive" have been added.
- A new competitive multiplayer map called "Fort McNair" is dropping.
- The Invasion Apparel Event allows you to collect outfits inspired by the enemy factions.
However, there is even more content planner for later this month.
- "Operation Dark Hours" is the toughest of all challenges because it's an eight-player raid that will test teamwork
- In another update there's a new Specialization coming, but it's unclear when that will be.
Are you excited to explore the Tidal Basin in The Division 2? Be sure to admire the cherry blossoms. What do you think of the game? Let us know.
Save the American government
The continuation of a popular franchise
One of Ubisoft's most-anticipated new titles is The Division 2, the sequel to the popular first game that launched back in 2016. The Division 2 is a third-person military shooter.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Everything we know about Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Ubisoft has unveiled Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Check out everything we know so far from its gameplay, story, release date, and more.
The best ways to keep your Surface Pro charged on the go
Are you often on the move without access to a wall outlet? Here are some options to keep your Surface Pro charged up while you're on the road.
Here's everything we know (so far) about Far Cry 6
Far Cry 6 is the latest in the series of sandbox shooters from Ubisoft. Here's what we know so far about its setting, villain, story, and more.
Keep your Xbox One controller charged and ready with these battery options
Sick of standard AA battery cells? Try one of these great Xbox controller charging solutions instead.