We’re not too sure what to make of this but here’s the deal: there’s a seemingly very official ESPN Radio app now in the Windows Phone Marketplace and you can download it to any Windows Phone not just a Nokia.
We mention that because it was only Friday that Nokia came out with the news that an ESPN Radio app should be in the Nokia Marketplace within the next day or two. Well, here we are two days later and there is a very nice ESPN Radio app but it will also load on any Windows Phone. Accident? On purpose? Does Nokia have a ‘special edition’ of the app coming out very soon too? We just don’t know…
We’ve loaded the app on both our Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II and both behave the same—you’ll need to either login with your free account or create one on the fly but once in, it’s your as-advertised Radio app (though our Live radio isn’t bringing anything up). Here are the main features:
- LISTEN LIVE to internet broadcasts of over 35 ESPN Radio stations around the country
- LISTEN to your favorite ESPN shows like Mike and Mike in the Morning, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, The Scott Van Pelt Show, The Michael Kay Show and many more!
- LISTEN to play-by-play from some of your favorite college and professional sports teams*
- LISTEN to 35 ESPN Radio podcasts including The B.S. Report with Bill Simmons, Pardon The Interruption, Around The Horn, Fantasy Focus and Tony Kornheiser Show
- LISTEN OnDemand to SportsCenter - updated every 20 minutes!
- ** NEW ** Create custom stations and playlists with your favorite teams/topics/players/sports/shows
- ** NEW ** Download your playlists for ‘offline’ listening
It’s a version 1.0 of the app and it is made by Expand the Room and not Nokia (though perhaps the Finnish company lent some guidance to its development like they often do). That company, Expand the Room, does have ESPN listed on their site as a mobile client so yeah, this is official.
Either way, if you’re a sports nut it seems like a great to get your hands on while you can. We’ll try to update this story if anything new happens but for now, just head here to the Marketplace and grab it yourself. Thanks, Gatlyn T. and Noe B., for the tips
Review: Razer's Hammerhead True Wireless Pro deliver THX and ANC for gamers
If you're looking for really good wireless earbuds and also happen to like mobile gaming, the new Razer Hammerhead True Wireless Pro is what you need. Featuring THX audio, ANC, low-latency streaming, and excellent comfort, there's a lot to like. Here's what we think of them after a week of using them with iOS and Android.
The Razer Tomahawk is small in stature, but mighty in power
Razer has a new gaming PC on the scene, and this time it's a compact desktop. The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop uses a variation of the Tomahawk case to bring a modular, powerful PC that's designed to take up very little of your desk space.
Found out when Cyberpunk 2077 releases in your area on PC and console
Cyberpunk 2077 is really almost here, and CD Projekt RED has revealed the exact release times for local areas on PC and console, as well as pre-load information.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.