FeedLab, a third-party Feedly app for Windows 10, has made a big jump to version 3.0 with a whole host of tweaks across the board, including new keyboard shortcuts, settings options, and methods for interacting with lists of articles. Additionally, one of the bigger changes in this latest update is that the app is now translated and localized to German, Portuguese, and Spanish speakers.
Generally speaking, FeedLab's developers say you should see better and more fluid performance in several areas throughout the app. FeedLab also now includes some subtle elements of Fluent Design, including a blur effect when the app's menu appears over content. That's in addition to general tweaks to the way articles are presented, fixes for bugs with article sharing, and more.
Here's a look at just some of the highlights from the official release notes:
- We added the German translation
- We added the Brazilian / Portuguese translation
- We added the Spanish translation
- We improved the menu for better performance
- We implemented a new scroll bar and a blur effect to adopt the Microsoft Fluent Design when the menu appears over the content
- We redesigned the setting, with a blur effect to adopt the Microsoft Fluent Design, and with the total removal of green color
- Sharing - Your accounts are now synchronized between your Windows 10 devices
- Sharing - Now, there is an option to disable the advanced sharing of FeedLab, to use only the Windows 10 sharing
- We simplified the action to mark all articles as read
- We added the action "Mark as read older than one day"
- We added the action "Mark as read older than one week"
- We fixed the issue to share an article via Facebook
- We fixed the sharing of article to avoid encoding errors of Window 10
- We added the possibility to pin the number of unread articles on your lock screen
- We improve the live tiles
If Feedly is your RSS reader service of choice and you're on the lookout for a native Windows 10 app, FeedLab is worth checking out. The app is available for free from the Microsoft Store now, and you can also check out the full release notes for a look at every tweak that has gone into the release of version 3.0.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) now available
With just a few days to spare, Microsoft began the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. The update includes a new Cortana UI, improvements to Virtual Desktops, and several other changes.
Review: Windows 10 May 2020 Update packs improvements to existing features
Microsoft's next Windows 10 feature update is almost here. Known as the May 2020 Update, this new version of Windows 10 is all about fit and finish. There's not a whole lot new here in regard to features, but plenty of changes and enhancements to features that have already been part of the OS for some time. In this review, we take a look at all the notable new changes and improvements,...
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.