What you need to know
- Grounded is an interesting survival game, currently in early access, from Obsidian Entertainment and Xbox Game Studios.
- Obsidian recently released the sizeable Into the Wood content update, which included a plethora of content and features.
- On Thursday, the team quickly followed up with the 0.12.1 patch update, which is now rolling out to all players.
- The patch includes a decent number of fixes, including for several crashes, bug path-finding, and more.
Grounded has already evolved significantly since it was first released in early access, and the team at Obsidian Entertainment continues to add more to the game. On Tuesday, the Into the Wood content update was released with new areas to explore, new creatures to discover, and countless quality-of-life improvements. Now, the Grounded team is building upon their work further with the release of a decently sized patch update.
The 0.12.1 patch update features over a dozen fresh fixes for Grounded and its recent Into the Wood update. Issues resulting in crashes, bugs attempting to walk through walls, items not being affected by gravity, and more have all been resolved with this patch.
The update is rolling out to Grounded on all platforms, including Xbox, PC, and Xbox Game Pass. Even in its decidedly unfinished state, Grounded has already established itself as a fantastic entry in the survival genre, and one of the best Xbox games you can play right now.
The full changelog for Grounded 0.12.1 patch update includes:
- Bugs no longer path through base walls when not looking at them
- Fixed a crash related to turning off a waypoint marker in the Map
- Fixed crashes related to large bases
- Fixed a crash on boot related to having your OS culture set to any one of the new languages added with Into the Wood
- Surveying resources as a client no longer causes performance issues
- You can access the Pet rename screen using the gamepad again
- Webbed doors in the Hedge properly update their visuals for clients after the webs are chopped away
- SCAN.R radar dishes on Field Stations properly rotate for clients when active
Items, equipment, & resources
- Gum nuggets obey the laws of gravity again
- Dewdrops no longer need to be shot twice to knock them down with arrows
- Termite armor better fits all of the teens
- Twinkling shell use the generic bag model instead of the Firefly wings
- Health bars show up on Grub after digging them up
- Scarabs will no longer wander into the unfinished part of the yard
- Players will no longer hear sizzle audio for other players that are sizzling far away
Xbox Series X|S
- Resource survey overlay renders correctly
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.