GroupMe jumps to Windows Phone 8 with v4.1
The popular Windows Phone messaging app GroupMe has made the move to Windows Phone. The version 4.1 adds Windows Phone 8 support, a brand new start screen with animated tiles, and a few under the hood tweaks to give the app a little more speed.
For those not familiar with GroupMe, key features include:
- Start groups with the people already in your contacts… no need to remember usernames or PINs
- Whenever you or anyone else in the group sends a message, everyone receives it. The conversation starts instantly
- The app uses your data connection by default, but when you have a poor connection, you can switch to receiving messages via SMS to avoid missing messages
- Share photos inline—take them on-the-go or choose from ones you've already taken.
- Send a direct message to anyone who has the GroupMe app for free.
GroupMe is a free app for your Windows Phone and you can find it here at the Windows Phone Store.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
George is the Reviews Editor at Windows Central, concentrating on Windows 10 PC and Mobile apps. He's been a supporter of the platform since the days of Windows CE and uses his current Windows 10 Mobile phone daily to keep up with life and enjoy a game during down time.