What you need to know
- StarDock released Groupy version 1.4 today.
- The update adds support for up to 50 tabs in a window, along with Curtains style support.
- Groupy is available for $5 at both Steam and directly from StarDock (opens in new tab).
StarDock launched a fresh update for Groupy today, making it quite a bit more convenient. The latest update brings the app to version 1.4, bringing support for opening up to 50 tabs in a single window. There's also support for adding styles from another StarDock app, Curtains, to your tabbed windows.
Other tweaks include a new "close all" button for your tabs, along with new shortcuts and functions for the middle mouse button and tab switching. Here's a full look at what's new in Groupy 1.4:
- Curtains style support
- Automatically selects suitable colors when using a Curtains style without custom Groupy parts
- Expands max tabs in a group from 25 to 50
- Tab bar remains dark in all apps for foreground state when in dark mode
- New "close all" button added on the far right of the tab (must be in tabs above mode and tab bar set to fill full width)
- Enables additional functionality for middle mouse-button in >- Explorer (open folders as new tabs like in a web browser)
- New option for using ctrl+tab for tab switching (access on advanced options page)
Groupy is a useful tool that lets you group apps together as tabs in the same window. It's a similar idea to what Microsoft experimented with when it was testing "Sets," which ultimately never launched.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Possibly the best productivity app I have been using for a long time. I love it and recommend it for any one using Windows
Needs Timeline support imho.
Groupy was one of my favorite Stardock apps. I ended up settling on Nurgo Software's TidyTabs instead due to more powerful auto-grouping features and the ability to set and restore group windows to a default size/position on the screen. After trying in vain for more than a year to get Stardock to even express interest in adding similar features, I finally gave up and switched.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.