StarDock launched a fresh update for Groupy today, making it quite a bit more convenient. The latest update brings the app to version 1.4, bringing support for opening up to 50 tabs in a single window. There's also support for adding styles from another StarDock app, Curtains, to your tabbed windows.
Other tweaks include a new "close all" button for your tabs, along with new shortcuts and functions for the middle mouse button and tab switching. Here's a full look at what's new in Groupy 1.4:
- Curtains style support
- Automatically selects suitable colors when using a Curtains style without custom Groupy parts
- Expands max tabs in a group from 25 to 50
- Tab bar remains dark in all apps for foreground state when in dark mode
- New "close all" button added on the far right of the tab (must be in tabs above mode and tab bar set to fill full width)
- Enables additional functionality for middle mouse-button in >- Explorer (open folders as new tabs like in a web browser)
- New option for using ctrl+tab for tab switching (access on advanced options page)
Groupy is a useful tool that lets you group apps together as tabs in the same window. It's a similar idea to what Microsoft experimented with when it was testing "Sets," which ultimately never launched.