343 Industries has just released another content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the Xbox One. The latest update brings a number of improvements to the matchmaking experience, as well as a plethora of fixes and improvements focused on the UI, controls, and campaigns.
Here's the full breakdown of today's update:
- Improved matchmaking search success rates.
- Made an update to reduce instances of "Awaiting Privileges" matchmaking errors.
- Made an update to ensure player counts more reliably match the expected numbers for each playlist.
- Fixed an issue where player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect "FIND GAME" screen.
- Added countdown sound effect to the voting timer.
- Made an update to improve Halo 2: Anniversary network performance, specifically in regards to bandwidth spikes.
- Made several improvements to party joining through the in-game Roster.
- Made an update to ensure that the mute icon is visible while in Matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue in Halo 4 where players could equip the same weapon as their primary and secondary weapons.
- Made several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
- Made changes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 scoring to ensure that players are not penalized for destroying empty vehicles.
- Lowered the music volume level in multiplayer menus.
- Fixed an issue where friend emblems in roster would show up as default when exiting a game session.
- Made updates to UI and menus to improve multiplayer status messaging, such as when a player joins your lobby.
- Made an update to the Halo 2: Anniversary "Legacy" Stick Layout.
- Made stability improvements across multiple titles for campaign and multiplayer.
The update looks to be mostly bug fixes and stability improvements. You should be prompted to install it the next time you fire up The Master Chief Collection. Let us know if you notice any substantial improvements in the comments below!
Source: 343 Industries
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Hey what ever happened to the new halo game for WP and windows 8.1???
They pushed it back.
Is anyone else unable to stay with the same people for more than one game?
That's how its suppose to be.
I can't even join any online party... Don't know what I'm doing wrong, the ports of the xbone are opened
Does it seems faster ?
When you use "does" there is no need for an "s" in the end of the verb. "Does it seem" would be the correct one. This is not Devil May Cry, one "s" is enough. :P
I don't see a mention for playlist always updating. I have only been able to play the pre selected list once.
Is it twitch ready for you yet?
I've pretty much given up on MP, not that I'm any good at it anymore anyway.
Still no additional ranked playlists...
Not bad. Not perfect...still got bugs. MP is much improved
Not for me. I still have to wait 30 mins for a match
Matchmaking is much much faster
Nope. Not for non-US players
Is good now ?
I almost want to buy a XO to play Halo 2... Just cant justify it... Wish there was a Halo 2 Anniversary for 360..
Finding matches were easier. Definitely faster now. They are making progress. Fast as they should, no. But they are making progress.
Anyone else have an issue with being put into a lobby when exiting a campaign/playlist mission, or is this by design??
how big is it
About 750 MB
Update? Haven't got any update here. I have been searching for a match now for about 20 min whit no luck
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.