With more than one person in the office having multiple Windows 10 Mobile devices on their desk, it can get confusing which phone is sounding off a notification. Enough is enough, so I decided to finally change the default notification sounds. This is also helpful If you're tired of hearing the same notification sounds on your Lumia 950 or 950 XL. You can customize the sound per app. It's not very obvious in the Settings, so I'll show you how to do it.
- Go to Settings (Swipe down from top of the screen and tap All Settings)
- Tap System > Notifications & actions
- Tap an app from the list to change its default notification sound
- Select a sound under the Notification sound list. You can tap the play button next to the sound for a preview.
That's it! You'll need to do this for each app that you want to change the notification sound for. These instructions also work for other devices with Windows 10 Mobile.
You don't need to pick the same sound for each one. For example, I've changed the notification sounds for the apps I frequently use: Messaging app, Facebook Messenger, Outlook Mail, 6tag, and Slack Beta.
Are you changing up your default notification apps on your Lumia 950 or 950 XL? Let us know in the comments!
Want all the latest news on these phones? Hit these topic pages for all that we got.
- Microsoft Lumia 950 main page
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL main page
Support and help forums
Need to chat about the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL? Jump into our forums and ask others what they think or get help and advice on your new phone!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.