The most recent big patch for Fortnite Battle Royale delivered some serious map upgrades and while the latest isn't quite so big, it's got some important new features for PC, Xbox and PS4 players.
Top of the order is the new auto-run feature, with a double-click of the left thumbstick activating it on the console. There's also the "Chug Jug," a new healing item that delivers max health and max shields so long as you can be safe for the 15-seconds it takes to consume it.
With limited inventory space in Fortnite Battle Royale, which healing items to carry already requires some thought, but the Chug Jug should probably come top of the list if you come across one. The map is also getting a slight tweak when it comes to loot generation, with the new Haunted Hills location getting more of it.
Additionally it seems that NA players will have more control over choosing local servers:
Also in the v 2.3.0 patch specific to console is the option to turn off aim assist. You know, if you're a serious Fortnite pro.
There are also a huge range of fixes, so be sure to check out the full changelog for Battle Royale below, and find out more and what's new in Save the World over on the Epic Games forum.
- Added AutoRun!
- Input defaults for PC are "=" and "NumLock"
- Input defaults for controller is double-clicking the left stick.
- Added a setting to disable aim assist on consoles.
- Remapped weapon binds on AZERTY keyboards to the top row number keys.
- Wooden power poles no longer block building.
- Spike Traps found in Supply Drops will now stack with other Spike Traps found elsewhere.
- The Spike Trap's effective range will now more accurately match the distance of the spike animation. The damage area was previously too large.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the Shield Potion and Slurp Juice visual effects from playing when the player is already shielded.
- Fixed an issue that made Cozy Campfires appear to be active after they have expired.
- Fixed an issue which caused collision of eliminated players to persist for too long.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to hide inside of supply drops if the supply drop landed on a crouched player.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to pass through walls as they edited them
- Optimized the speed at which players can cycle building pieces under poor network conditions.
- Fixed an issue which caused dropped items to fall off the edge of the map and spawn near a living player.
- Kicking a basketball through a soccer net no longer counts as a goal. Soccer balls still count.
- Improved the accuracy of grenade arcs.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to switch between two scoped weapons without leaving the scoped view.
- Player's weapons will no longer disappear for a short time after the effects of the Boogie Bomb wear off.
- Reduced the delay between throwing a grenade and switching to another weapon.
- Shadowplay Highlights now records player knockdowns (DBNO).
- Quitting a match early will no longer award stat or challenge progress. Progress will only be awarded when a player leaves after they are eliminated or have won.
- Players can no longer purchase the Battle Pass x10 Tier bundle when at or above Battle Pass tier 65.
- We fixed this on January 19th and affected players have been compensated.
- Fixed an issue which allowed items in the locker to rotate on the wrong axis while spinning them.
- Fixed an issue which caused the client to lock up after ALT-TABing on PC.
- While spectating, players will now be returned to scoped view when the spectated player switches between scoped weapons, instead of being pulled into third-person view.
- Brick building effects have been fixed.
- Players can now mute party members from the lobby screen.
- Players banned from voice chat can no longer use it on the lobby screen.
- Added Auto Decline Friend Requests as a new option for PC players to the Social Widget.
- When enabled, friend requests will be auto-declined. Enabling this option will decline all pending friend requests.
- Friend and Party invite notifications will now correctly appear for Battle Royale players that have never played Save the World.
- You no longer open the fullscreen map while spectating a player with report menu up,
- This issue only occurred if a player was using the "Combat Pro" controller config.
- The radial emote menu will no longer persist after the warm-up phase if left open.
- Characters pose no longer resets after opening the news widget.
- The ping value displayed in the Net Debug Stats UI is now more accurate. It will appear higher than before for all players.
- Lowered volume of bus music and the sound played when jumping out of the bus.
- Lowered volume of wind sounds played during skydiving and gliding.
- Lowered the volume of gunfire, footsteps, and impacts during warmup phase.
- Removed the "Caw" sound layer from the Death Valley pickaxe.
- Removed some layers from the new pickaxe sounds that could be mistaken for bullet whiz-bys
- Music from dance emotes will no longer overlap.
- Loot chest audio is no longer hushed by pickaxe impact sounds.
- Added more loot spawns to Haunted Hills.
- Fixed missing collision on junkyard crane.
- Fixed two areas where players could hide under the terrain by the edge of the river.
- Fixed a section of the Moisty Mire water that did not slow players down.
- Fixed a mine cart in Shifty Shafts that could not be destroyed.
- Fixed an issue causing the soccer stadium to sometimes not load in properly.
- Fixed a seam in the terrain near Flush Factory that allowed players to see through the map.
- Added collision to pillars in Haunted Hills so players can no longer hide inside them.
- Scoring a goal in the Soccer stadium will now show proper visual effects.
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Microsoft, it's time to speak up about Project xCloud on iOS
With Project xCloud iOS seemingly on hold due to Apple and its App Store restrictions, it’s time for Microsoft to finally speak out.
Review: Horizon Zero Dawn is on the PC now, and it's amazing
One of the greatest PlayStation games in recent memory has come to Steam, all ready to delight a whole new group of people.
Complete list of Xbox One Dolby Atmos games
Dolby Atmos creates a realistic, immersive soundscape, but is not featured in every game. These are all Xbox One games with baked-in Dolby Atmos support so far.