What you need to know
- Minecraft Earth is Microsoft's Minecraft-flavored answer to Pokemon Go.
- It's in Early Access, and gets frequent updates adding new features.
- The latest update adds new challenges to complete, as well as a Player Journal to track collections.
- There's also a bunch of new mob variants to check out and collect.
Minecraft Earth continues to evolve for the people still playing it, adding new features to build it into a fully fleshed out game. The newest update, R17, adds three big new features, as well as making smaller fixes and improvements to the overall experience. This update is perfect for completionists, who love building out collections or finishing challenges.
The update includes:
- Challenges and seasons. There are new seasons to the game, with an army of challenges to complete for every season. You can sign-in every day to access daily challenges, unlock new challenges through tappables, and work towards completing the season. Exclusive rewards like character creator items can be won through completing challenges.
- Player journal and collections. The new player journal keeps track of all the things players have seen, meaning you now have collections to fill. Collect new blocks, mobs, and items to complete the collections.
- New mob variants. Ten new mob variants are making their way into Minecraft Earth, with new variants for chickens, cows, pigs, sheeps and rabbits. These are to help make collections larger and give players new things to search for and discover.
- Other changes and improvements. Minecraft Earth now has more in-depth stats in the profile, remembers more settings between sessions, has new adventures to play, and more.
If you're interested, you can check out the full changelog here. Otherwise, the update should be available now for those playing the Early Access of Minecraft Earth. This seems to be a solid update to add more goals to accomplish, and give players more reason to return to the game day after day.
Are you excited by this update? Are you planning on completing challenges or collections? Let us know in the comments below!
Awesome Minecraft merch
Love Minecraft? We're fairly certain you'll love these accessories equally.
Minecraft Lego: The End Battle ($20 at Amazon)
Who doesn't want a Lego Ender Dragon?
Minecraft for Nintendo Switch ($30 at Amazon)
Minecraft for Nintendo Switch features full cross-play between Xbox, Windows 10, mobile phones, and even VR!
Minecraft shades ($8 at Amazon)
You might think you're cool, but are you cool enough to wear these?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.