If you're playing Madden NFL 18 (opens in new tab) on an HDR TV with your Xbox One S, the game just got a whole lot prettier. The first big update for Madden 18 recently landed, and it adds support for HDR, along with a number of other tuning tweaks.
To recap, HDR gives games and movies a visual boost by increasing contrast and making colors more accurate. The result is that the picture has a little more "pop" and, if done correctly, has a little more life and depth. The caveat is that you need the proper equipment and content to make use of HDR. For Xbox gamers, that means you'll currently need an Xbox One S and a TV that supports the HDR10 standard. The Xbox One X will also support HDR when it lands this November.
On top of HDR, this update also fixes some general crashing issues, along with a bug that caused the Steelers' crows "Terrible Towels" to appear black or grey. A number of other bug fixes and tweaks are also included. Check out the full patch notes, provided by EA, below.
- HDR support
- General stability updates fixing various crashes and softlocks
- Fixed issue with the Steelers' crowd "Terrible Towels" appearing black or grey
- Online Head-to-Head quarter length changed from four minutes to five minutes
- Fixed an issue around MUT Squads players receiving the incorrect rewards when teammates leave the session early
- Improved a small framerate drop when the ball is snapped on PS4
- Tuned scaling of the football to be slightly smaller
- Fixed an issue where points were purchasable in trial
- Fixed button functionality to correct X button not functioning on PS4 when attempting to load a Madden Profile
- Zone Coverage tuning to increase Break-on-Throw times
- Tuning to decrease effectiveness of Ball Carrier moves
- Fixed issue around coaches standing in the middle of the field when restarting MUT Challenges
- Tuning to increase blocksheds in run defense vs. Gun Inside Zone plays
- Tuning to slightly increase pass rush when QB holds onto the ball for extended time in the pocket
- Fixed issue with sideline characters not reacting appropriately to big plays
- Fixed incorrect Chargers vs. Giants Week 5 game on the schedule
- Fixed issue around schedules recording incorrectly when using Play Now Live for Preseason Week 2
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.