We previously looked at Markets & Me, a stock portfolio management app for Windows Phone, earlier in the year. We praised the work by the developer, who managed to create a beautiful experience for those who are interested in checking out the markets, or who have a heavy inventory full of stock. You may have seen Windows Phone Central use the app while taking shots for other stories.
Version 2.0 has been in development for some time and we're pleased to relay the announcement that it has been submitted to the Marketplace. We expect the Markets & Me update to go live sometime next week. So, what's included in this latest release?
A premium version! The current free version of the app will remain present (and will be updated), but the premium Markets & Me will sport advance features should you wish to have something slightly more rich in functionality.
Let's first take a look at what's included in version 2.0 for the free version of Markets & Me:
- There’s noticeable performance improvement, especially launch time
- Support for adding positions/holdings to multiple portfolios is now supported, this is a feature much requested
- Another highly requested feature is ability to pin-to-start the watchlist, this has now been added with support for up to 6 quotes on the Live Tile. This means in addition to the indices and currencies hub, livetile for 18+ quotes can be pinned to start without impacting performance at all
- A simple sort feature now added for quote list
- Improvements to the UI making it even more appealing
- Quotes from more exchanges supported, including Helsinki Exchange which some of our users have complained in the past wasn’t available
That in itself is a relatively large update, and really gives the user more to play with. We're told by the developers they want to add more to Markets & Me, but wish to get the release published to stick to a regular update schedule. In other words - there's more to come. Much more to come.
We mentioned a premium version of the app, so what's going to be featured in the paid edition of Markets & Me?
- For the chart enthusiast and those who’ve already attested to Markets&Me having the best charts of any stock market app on windowsphone platform, this has even improved further. Now you can add financial indicators such as moving averages, MACD, RSI, etc.
- Many users informed they wanted to be able to customise the hub, removing predefined indices/currencies they don’t care about, this is now possible. The entire hub constituents can be replaced with the user’s choice
- In addition, predefined indices/currencies can now be added to watchlist
- And also on tap, the indices/currencies now have dedicated summary pages, with information about how many stocks advanced or declined on the respective stock index on the trading day, with the currencies providing conversion options
- The predefined indices/currencies can also be removed entirely, and re-added later as user desires, in fact custom currency pairs can be added to the app, and to watchlist or pin-to-start
- The sorting in the premium version is also more advanced, giving the user total control on the ordering of the quotes in the relevant lists
Sounds like a featured-packed update. Be sure to check out Markets & Me if you haven't already, as it really is a beautifully crafted app. We'll have more information and will publish an announcement when version 2.0 his available on the Marketplace.
You can download Markets and Me from the Marketplace for free - premium version on the way.
How to sell your old Xbox to buy a new Xbox Series X, Series S
Looking to upgrade to the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S? Here are our tips for selling your original Xbox One console.
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.