Metrotube fixes playback issues in latest update, adds new features
We get mildly excited when popular apps receive large updates and today's the turn of Metrotube, which has just been bumped to version 4.5. It's a strong increment in the number of versions, so you can expect to see some notable changes as you fire up the newly revamped third-party YouTube app.
Here's the full list of changes, as seen on the store listing:
- Fixed video playback problem
- Added ability to change app theme manually from the settings
- Improved design for channel images
- Improved river page design for displaying video thumbnails
- Added "delete all" button in search box
- Updated region list
- Main tile shows subscriptions when logged in
- Added ability to logout from within the river
- Fixed issue where subscribing to some channels produced an error
- Many more small bug fixes and enhancements
So there you have it, it's quite the update and one we're sure avid users of the app will enjoy downloading. It's available right now, so go ahead and grab the release from the Windows Phone Store. If you don't already have the app installed, we urge you to check it out.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.