Microsoft has been advertising an opening for a retail sales and marketing position in Sydney, Australia. This should come as no surprise with the recent improvements being made to promotion and advertising by the software giant and manufacturers. The marketing position will see the successful applicant take command of Microsoft's promotion efforts in Australia.
Check out the primary job functions, as well as a link to view the positing, after the break.
1. Windows Phone Channel Marketing: Develop, communicate & set in place unique and effective channel marketing strategies for Windows Phone. Drive the virtual Windows Phone Channel Marketing team to embrace direction, share ideas, develop best practice and demonstrate cost efficiencies - based on a common calendar and framework.
Ensure these channel marketing plans are well described in the overall Joint Marketing Agreements with the OEM’s. Provide guidance for subs on these Joint Marketing Agreements and ensure clear metrics and measurements are in place to track OEM execution according to the Joint Marketing Agreements. Own retail execution KPI for Windows Phones
Be the Windows Phone channel marketing point of contact for the WorldWide retail services team and make sure the needs are well presented in global discussions and planning.
2. Training Development and Execution: Responsible for formulating the RSM partner training strategy, defining how we will engage and train retail store staff - online / web / customised account training / one-to-many events etc. Leverage WW HQ key retail knowledge throughout the region and provide recommendations to the respective marketing, sales and product groups on strategies / tactics to optimize retail training and engagement programs. Create detailed overview of exact field labor programs on a sub level incl profiles, reporting, vendors and contracts. Work with global training and field labor team to see how subs can align with WW strategy. Develop a way for local vendors to report on standard set of KPI’s on a monthly base. Avoid extra workload and costs for local subs.
3. Campaign Development and Briefing - Develop and execute retail specific promotional campaigns for Windows Phone as requested, approved and funded from the Windows Phone BG. Ensure all campaign briefs are submitted on time with a high attention to detail to the retail services department. In addition secure feedback from account managers, retail services, telco’s and retailers to ensure execution excellence. Liaise with retail services to ensure all campaigns are delivered on time and on budget using project management disciplines and good cross collaboration skills.
4. Channel Marketing Plan Creation - Work with the Windows Phone BG team to inform and develop broad channel marketing plans down to discrete retail plans. This will encompass, by retailer:
- Visual Merchandising and Assortment to deliver in store presence
- Retail Online e-tail and marketing sites to deliver online demand generation
- Training to deliver Retailer Salesperson advocacy
- Field Labour to deliver instore presence
- RSP Sales Incentives (Funded and Approved by Windows Phone BG and telco approval gained by telco account manager)
- Assist in catalogue presence for demand generation
- Develop training, online, visual merchandising & retail fundamental objectives. Track and report.
5. In store Customer Experience. Partner with the Windows Phone BG to create a customer walk through experience in telco’s. This includes 3D visuals of planograms and retail salesperson advocacy messaging. The customer experience by retailer will clearly articulate desired in store experience for all teams and be signed off by the telco for execution.
6. Knowledge Management - Own the Windows Phone ‘Playbook’ for retail and telco execution across Australia. Develop & deliver programs & learning that continue to place Microsoft as the thought & executional leader in the categories in which we compete.
7. Key Stakeholder Management - Develop and maintain strong partnerships with: Corporate, Regional and Subsidiary RSM Windows Phones contacts; Regional Windows Phone Category lead; Corporate, regional and subsidiary Retail Services teams; Corporate training and field labor leads; RSM Country Leads and Key Account Managers