What you need to know
- A new update is available for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel.
- Testers will get dark mode in sidebar search, along with improvements to Kiosk Mode.
- The update is available as Edge version 87.0.644.4 now.
There's another new weekly update for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel rolling out today. This update brings a couple of new features, along with the usual smattering of bug fixes and improvements. Notably, Microsoft has brought dark mode to more of the browser with sidebar search.
Here's a full look at what's new from the release notes:
- Added dark theme support to sidebar Search.
- Rolled out support more broadly for new Kiosk Mode features like idle timeout and automatic download deletion via management policy.
- Fixed an issue where installing the latest version of Safari on Mac will cause Edge to show Error Code 6 instead of loading tabs.
- Fixed an issue where PDFs don't load.
- Fixed an issue where certain websites crash immediately.
- Fixed a crash when closing a window.
- Fixed a crash when choosing where to download a file.
- Fixed a crash on launch on Mac.
- Improved favorites deduplication by preventing duplicates from being able to exist to begin with. Note that this only affects any favorites that are synced moving forward, and existing duplicates on devices must still be removed manually.
- Improved support for websites pinned to the Taskbar to show informational badges.
- Fixed an issue where smooth scrolling stops working.
- Fixed another cause of Youtube videos not entering fullscreen properly and instead zooming a lot or growing to the size of the whole window.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where Shy UI or the tops of webpages aren't functional in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed an issue where file sharing using the Web Share API fails.
- Fixed an issue where unpacked extensions that fail to reload are left in a disabled state with no way to fix them.
- Fixed an issue where dropdown inputs on webpages sometimes don't appear.
- Fixed an issue where cancelling edits on Collections items edits them anyway.
- Fixed an issue where certain websites like NFL don't sign in properly when Tracking Prevention is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard shortcut to invoke search in the Sidebar doesn't work in PDFs.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud in PDFs doesn't start from the current selection or location.
- Fixed an issue where ink drawn on PDFs appears blurry.
If you're already using the Microsoft Edge Dev channel, the update is available to download now via the "About Microsoft Edge" portion of the settings menu. You can download the latest Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, and Canary buildas from the Edge Insider site. The stable version is also avaialble from the main Microsoft Edge site.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.