What you need to know
- A new update is now available for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel.
- This update brings several improvements and fixes, but there are no major new features.
- This is the first Dev channel release to be built on Chromium 82.
The Microsoft Edge Dev channel has a new update available, making it the first on this testing track to be based on Chromium version 82. Because this is the first pass with Chromium 82, Microsoft says, there aren't any major new features to check out. There are, however, a ton of improvements and fixes to check out.
This release pushes the build number to 82.0.425.3. Here's a look at what's new and improved across the board.
- Added a management policy to allow the deletion of browsing data from Edge Legacy when it's replaced by the installation of Edge's Stable channel.
- Fixed an issue where importing favorites from another browser sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where importing settings from other browsers sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where adding an item to a Collection via the context menu sometimes causes a crash.
- Fixed a crash when using Collections.
- Fixed a browser crash when closing a window for Collections users.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser.
- Fixed a crash when closing a window on Mac.
- Fixed an issue where printing a PDF sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to log into a webpage that uses the Windows login dialog sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where deleting form autofill suggestions sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where users signed into the browser with a work or school account may see sync stop working.
- Fixed an issue where deleted Collections and deleted items in a Collection sometimes reappear when Collections sync is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a Collection sometimes crashes the Collections pane.
- Fixed an issue where importing certain data from other browsers like Chrome sometimes fails.
- Fixed a memory leak when viewing many Collections.
- Fixed an issue where on-premises work or school profiles (profiles with a DOMAIN\NAME format instead of a NAME@COMPANY.COM format) are not removable. Note that we've also got more changes coming to stop creating these types of profiles by default.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling on a trackpad using the two-finger gesture sometimes causes webpages to jump straight to the top or bottom on certain devices.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to install a website as an app or pin it to the taskbar sometimes fails because the UI to finish the action never appears.
- Fixed an issue where address bar history is sometimes not properly deleted when the browser is set to delete browsing data on close.
- Fixed an issue where enabling Tracking Prevention prevents logging in on certain websites.
- Fixed an issue where video that uses Dolby Vision sometimes flashes or stutters.
- Fixed an issue where video playing on certain websites like Apple TV sometimes freezes.
- Improved performance of playing certain DRM-protected video on ARM64 devices.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where extensions that use native messaging don't work properly.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the Touchbar sometimes isn't responsive when playing fullscreen video.
- Fixed an issue where using IE mode tabs in multiple windows sometimes causes dialogs to appear over the wrong window.
- Fixed an issue where the update notification on the … menu fails to appear when there's a pending Edge update.
- Fixed an issue where editing a Collection in one window sometimes doesn't cause the Collection to be updated in other windows that are open.
- Fixed an issue where changing a setting doesn't update the Settings UI, even though the setting is successfully changed.
- Changed the microsoft-edge: protocol evaluation to more closely match Edge Legacy's behavior of not decoding URLs before navigating to them.
You can check out Microsoft's full release notes (opens in new tab) to check out more about this build, including a look at the list of known issues. Otherwise, Dev channel testers should be able to grab this update now. If you haven't given the new Edge a try, you can download Insider builds or the release version (opens in new tab) now from Microsoft.
(laughs) Google Chrome is based on Blink graphics
Insiders, Microsoft give suscriptions for celebrities/personnal as Google ?
Also, we could offer notifications for missed an appointment on calendiary ?
Google benefits from a ministry of lawers thar not allows effectively prosecutes abuses, which will always surprise for me for country of Usa
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.