In a low key announcement last month, Microsoft announced the Lumia 540 Dual SIM for the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific markets. Yet another budget device, the Lumia 540 is expected to be launch in India tomorrow, with Microsoft sending out invites for a press event in New Delhi.
The Lumia 540 features a 5-inch 720p display and is powered by a Snapdragon 200 processor with 1 GB RAM. The decent specifications are rounded off by 8GB internal storage, an 8MP shooter at the back and a 5MP front shooter:
Lumia 540 Dual SIM Specifications
- Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim | Windows 10 ready
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720, 16:9), 294 PPI
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 CPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, microSD up to 128 GB
- 8 MP auto focus camera with LED flash
- 5 MP wide-angle camera at the front
- 2200 mAh removable battery
- Dimensions: 144 x 73.69 x 9.35 mm
- Weight: 152g
In terms of specifications, the Lumia 540 is not too dissimilar from the Lumia 640, although there's a 5MP front camera instead of the 1MP offering on the latter. The Lumia 540 was announced with a price of $150, and we'll see what that translates to in India. We'll be there at the launch event, and will bring you all the details from the ground. Until then, what do you think of the device and the expected price?
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.